Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I agree with the last part. I've soured on Ertz a bit, but dont' hate him either.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Your Eagles picks are solid, based on needs, even if they are not who I would take.

I'm pretty wary of Ogletree and hope the Bears pass on him if he's available at 20.

It's tough seeing Cooper going at 18, I'd love him at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    I don't hate Hunter, I just really like Ertz. I think he'd be a perfect fit for what the Browns need at TE. A well-rounded, traditional TE. Good blocker (with room to improve as he adds strength) and a solid receiver that can work underneath and be a go-to guy in key situations. Not going to stretch the field much, but I'm okay with that.

It's probably moot though, as I don't anticipate any of the three being available in the 3rd.
    You know what... i actually had Ertz there for Cleveland in the 3rd round and changed it. I did that because imo Hunter is a better player than Ertz and i think you can use another WR and i know Buddy Nix wants to upgrade the TE possition so that just made sense to me to switch them. It was BPA chosing between them at what i thought was a need at both.

Just happened that two players that i think are good just fell that far and i actually tried to slot Ertz someplace sooner but just found what i thought were a better option for teams instead. Hunter also happened to fall some. Its going to happen as always. Players will fall.

I do not think Hunter is a 1st rounder at all so i dont agree with nastradamus there. IMO he is a mid 2nd on down to where he is.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-08-2013 at 07:49 PM.

From a Seahawks fan perspective, I'd be doing backflips if our draft turned out like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
    First two rounds couldn't possibly be worse choices for the Broncos.
    Really? I think Moore and Ryan would be pretty fantastic for them.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I think the Lions picks are good ones. Eric Fisher was wildly impressive at the Senior Bowl week and I kinda think you don't pass on a a stud LT in the same way you don't pass on a stud QB.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Pittsburgh:
    1st: S Vacarro
    2nd: ILB Minter
    3rd: RB Franklin

Our biggest needs are at WR (which doubles if we let Sanders leave though we get an extra 3rd round pick if so) and OLB, then RB, S, DL, ILB, OL

All in all this draft would be terrible. No WR or OLB before the 4th round and getting Vacarro one the most overhype 1st round prospects. We need Safety help especially stopping the deep ball and Vacarro's biggest weakness is getting beat over the top. Can get Safety help in 2nd - 4th that is comparable or better to Vacarro in Reid, Caprien and Swearinger.

Minter is good but don't need to go ILB that early. I like Franklin alot but not sure he makes it to 3rd round right now as he's moving up the charts. This is a deep RB draft and depending on how it falls can get a starter after the 3rd. I like LeVeon Bell, Franklin, Christian Michael and a couple others.

If the draft fell like this I would take Johnathan Cooper, Tavon Austin, Keenan Allen, Dustin Trufant and Eifert before I'd consider Vacarro.
    I think Jarvis Jones is going to be there at 17 and if so that will be the pick.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Really? I think Moore and Ryan would be pretty fantastic for them.
    Elway's head on a pike is what you'd see from fans. Moore is a head case, and Ryan doesn't fit our scheme.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

NE

i think d jones is a better fit for a 34 team and there are several wrs i would take before williams.

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    Elway's head on a pike is what you'd see from fans. Moore is a head case, and Ryan doesn't fit our scheme.
    I'm thinking probably just one fan. I think Moore is a very strong possibility given their need and his relationship with Miller. Ryan is a perfect fit for a zone team, which Denver mostly is. I have heard some rumblings that they want to play a little more man this year though.

I added a 4th round

Quote Originally Posted by BIG STEEL View Post
    Pittsburgh:
    1st: S Vacarro
    2nd: ILB Minter
    3rd: RB Franklin

Our biggest needs are at WR (which doubles if we let Sanders leave though we get an extra 3rd round pick if so) and OLB, then RB, S, DL, ILB, OL

All in all this draft would be terrible. No WR or OLB before the 4th round and getting Vacarro one the most overhype 1st round prospects. We need Safety help especially stopping the deep ball and Vacarro's biggest weakness is getting beat over the top. Can get Safety help in 2nd - 4th that is comparable or better to Vacarro in Reid, Caprien and Swearinger.

Minter is good but don't need to go ILB that early. I like Franklin alot but not sure he makes it to 3rd round right now as he's moving up the charts. This is a deep RB draft and depending on how it falls can get a starter after the 3rd. I like LeVeon Bell, Franklin, Christian Michael and a couple others.

If the draft fell like this I would take Johnathan Cooper, Tavon Austin, Keenan Allen, Dustin Trufant and Eifert before I'd consider Vacarro.
    I think Jarvis Jones is going to be there at 17 and if so that will be the pick.
    I dont think Pittsburgh is going to match it and take the pick so i changed it to reflect that. Now you have a WR in the 3rd and a OLB in the 4th. BTW, Wallace was a 3rd rounder as was Sanders. Brown was a 6th so your team doesnt draft WR's high anyways and finds gems.

I understand you think Vacarro is overrated but i do think he is better than Swearinger and Reid.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-13-2013 at 02:40 AM.

If the board fell like that for the Packers, I'd rather see them take:

26 - Datone Jones
    55 - Gavin Escobar
    88 - Blidi Wreh-Wilson

I do like the thought of picking a center in the 2nd round, but Gavin is too good a value at another position of need to pass up.

Like the Cowboys 1st round and quite like the rest but they might take a DT in the 2nd (Short or Jenkins) and look at the safeties in the 3rd and 4th.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast