* Prior to draft, San Diego traded it's 4th round pick in 2013 & a conditional pick in 2014 to St Louis for disgruntled LT Rodger Saffold who wont return their calls after signing Jake Long. Only a matter of time til he asks to be traded so they pull the trigger on it.
1. Kansas City - Luke Joeckel, OT/ Texas A&M
Nobody wants to trade up w/ KC and my guess is if Albert isnt moved, Joeckel will play RT for a season since Albert is on a franchise tag and Eric Winston was released.
2. Jacksonville - Dion Jordan, DE/LB/Oregon
Seems Jax needs a pass rusher every year. Jordan being #2 here may be high to some but i think he will go before Jarvis Jones.
3. Oakland - Sharrif Floyd, DT/Florida
The Raiders have let Seymour and Kelly go so they need to replace those on the DL. They did sign Pat Sims and Vance Walker but only to one year deals.
4.Philadelphia - Dee Milliner, CB/Alabama
The Eagles did sign CB's Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher but Milliner will start opposite Wiliams. They could also pick Fisher here but Peters is said to be ready to go for TC and his cap hit isnt small so having two high priced LT's doesnt make sense.
5. Detroit - Eric Fisher, OT/ Cent Michigan
Lost LT Backus to retirement and RT Cherilus to FA'cy, they need a OT.
6. Cleveland - Jarvis Jones, OLB/ Georgia
What i think and what GM's will do are two different things. I think this is too high for him. Jones is a good player. I just dont like him for my team but other teams im sure do. The Browns also signed Paul Kruger to a big contract as well.
7.Arizona - Lane Johnson, OT / Oklahoma
Cards have a hole at LT and i dont believe they will get a QB in the 1st round now that they have Palmer.
8. Buffalo - Geno Smith, QB/West Virginia
The Bills let go of Fitzpatrick and signed Kevin Kolb to a 2 year deal. They also signed Tavaras Jackson to a 1 year deal. Nix will cover his long term solution here.
9. NY Jets - Ezekiel Ansah, OLB/BYU
The Jets did sign Antwon Barnes but they need to keep adding pass rushers which wasnt a strong part of their defense last season.
10. Tennessee - Bjoern Werner, DE/Florida st
Titans can use a pass rusher and imo Werner is a better fit as a 4-3 DE.
11. San Diego - Chance Warmack, OG/ Alabama
Having traded with St Louis for Rodger Saffold giving up their 4th this draft (plus a conditional draft pick in 2014, but for this mock, that doesnt matter which round), they opt for a OG along with other OG signing of Chad Rinehart and getting Johnny Troutman healthy this season. OL on the upswing.
If i were doing trades during this draft id probably trade down a little, get an extra pick and draft Cooper.
12. Miami - Barkavious Mingo, DE/LSU
Miami needs a edge rusher and Mingo IMO fits better as a 4-3 DE with his lack of size as a OLB in a 3-4. CB could be the pick as well as they let Sean Smith go but they did sign Brent Grimes though only a 1 year deal. So if not Mingo, they could grab Rhodes.
13. Tampa Bay - Xavier Rhodes, CB/ Florida st
Needs CB's badly so this is a no brainer for them . Rhodes is probably gong to get picked higher than id pick him.
14. Carolina - Star Lotulelei, DT/Utah
Still trying to find another plug in the middle. Search should be over now.
15. New Orleans - Sheldon Richardson, DT/ Missouri
The Saints are the next employer of Rob Ryan who again will install a 3-4. I think Richardson is BPA and would play DE. This was a tough pick for me to make.
16. St Louis - Cordarelle Patterson, WR/ Tennessee
The Rams lost two WR's in FA'cy in Gibson and Amendola and havent signed any WR's in FA'cy that ive seen so this is a big need.
17. Pittsburgh - Kenny Vacarro, S/ Texas
Vacarro is listed as a FS and the Steelers do have other holes but value wise Vacarro can be as asset.
Palomalu is often injured and going into his 11th season, so he can fill in when he is hurt and FS Ryan Clark is going into his 12th season and cant play in Denver if they make the playoffs this season. Its a youth move and BPA.
18. Dallas - Johnathan Cooper, OG/N. Carolina
Dallas can use an upgrade to their interior line.
19. NY Giants - DJ Fluker, OT/ Alabama
Fluker is said to be a potentual elite RT or will probably have to move inside to OG. Either way they get a good player but I assume they want him to evetually take over at RT.
20. Chicago - Alec Ogletree, LB/ Georgia
Off field antics could drop him lower but MLB is a big hole since they decided to not bring back Urlacher
21. Cincinnati - Arthur Brown, LB/Kansas st
Is a better player than Mauluga and end up starting someplace at LB there. The Bengals IMO have a solid defense but can get the LB corps better.
22. St Louis - Eddie Lacy, RB/Alabama
Maybe be a bit early for him but the Rams lost Steven Jackson and Lacy is a good replacement though he has always shared the load at Bama and can share it with Pead/ Richardson there as well.
23. Minnesota - Keenan Allen, WR/Cal
I really thought about putting Tavon Austin here and i know many others would or have already. He is just like Harvin in that he did many things in college but the fact is he is a much smaller version of Harvin and probably wont play RB much if at all.
Just have a hard time slotting him in the first round because of it.
24. Indianapolis - Desmond Tryfant, CB/Washington
They lost Jerraud Powers and did resign Butler but i think they could use another CB. Need a OLB as well imo but Trufant is the better player than any OLB i see.
25. Minnesota - Sylvestor Williams, DT/N. Carolina
Kevin Williams is 32 and he has been durable for them but this is a youth move and he could work his way starting over Guiton later this season.
26. Green Bay - Menalik Watson, OT/ Florida st
I think this is too early for Watson. Some love him as a prospect some dont. I havent seen much of him since i always watch the DE's in their tape and this is a reason why i liked the idea of trading for Saffold for my Chargers. Dont know if Lane Johnson will be
there and then your kinda hoping. Ill go with what ive read over what ive seen.
27. Houston - DeAndre Hopkins,WR/ Clemson
I like the Texans defense right now so im thinking TE or WR. They let Kevin Walter go in FA'cy and the cupboard is bare after Andre Johnson. Hopkins give them a better option opposite Johnson and adds depth overall.
28. Denver - Damontre Moore, DE/Texas A&M
Having signed Vickerson and Knighton at DT, they can replace Dumerville here.
29. New England - Datone Jone, DE/UCLA
The Patriots signed three WR's, Jenkins, Jones and Amendola and two CB's , Talib and Kyle Arrington, though Talib was for 1 year. So they get some versatility on the DL in Jones who played both DE and DT at UCLA.
30. Atlanta - Tyler Eifort, TE/ Notre Dame
Yes they need a CB but this class is pretty deep in them and Gonzales has one year left and nobody worthy behind him if he gets hurt this next season.
31. San Francisco - Johnathan Hankins, DT/ Ohio st
Sopoaga is 32 so depth and another bigger body is needed
32. Baltimore - Mante Te'o, MLB/ Notre Dame
Probably a typical pick here but i think he is a better player than Minter.