How Will You Respond if the First Two Picks Are? #5 Set

Straight from Draftcountdown

#28 DAMONTRE MOORE, DE TEXAS AM

#58 JOHNATHAN CYPRIEN, S, FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

Two need positions with value. I like it but I'm not sure how realistic it is

at 28 Moore would be my second least favorite pick. If we took a good DE or DT at 28, Cyprien at 58 would be sweet.

Meh.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Great value...but Moore scares the devil out of me.

No to Moore. Tank with Cyprien would be tremendous imo.

I'd be happy with a safety in the first, and Moore in the 2nd round -

I know that Cyprien is usually rated amongst the top 3 safeties, but I like Reid better in the first, or, if we pick a S later, Swearinger or TJ McDonald ...

Quote Originally Posted by OrAnGe CrUsH 77 View Post

There were many times against the very best of competition where he was the best defender on the field for Georgia. Somehow he got a bad rap at the Senior Bowl and I have to admit that there were times during Senior Bowl week where he truely pi$$ed me off.
    I blame all the crap that is being thrown at Georgia players on the Georgia coaches. They cannot coach and they damn sure can't mentor. Very little of this type thing happens at Alabama and there is a reason why.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" --Thomas Edison

I don't think Cyprien makes it to the 2nd, if anything I think you'd be more likely to see these two flipped given how their stocks are trending. Overall though I definitely like it. I know many are down on Moore cause of his lack of speed and strength, but he's got a good first step, a great motor, and is excellent in run support. He's also one of the most productive pass rushers in the NCAA playing in the toughest conference.

There are only two stats from college that seem to translate to success in the NFL. 1) RBs almost must post better than 5yds/carry and really closer to 6yds/carry and 2) sacks

Damontre Moore was hurt more than anyone by his combine numbers, but he upped his pro day numbers significantly actually in a relatively short amount of time (you don't just boost your bench from 12 to 19 in a couple weeks magically) and strength is something that can be worked on, but he did have a strong vertical and broad jump which tells you something about how he managed to rack up sacks like he did in college.

This is not a great pass rusher draft, particularly from the standpoint of college production, but Moore's sack rate is strong enough to suggest he is going to be a productive pass rusher at the NFL level. I would say he projects as a solid all-around DE who will post around 7-8 sacks a season, with some upside for more if Von takes him under his wing and helps him get into the kind of physical shape that could allow him to take advantage of his natural pass rush ability. 1 thing I know, you cannot teach pass rush, you're either gifted there or you aren't and Moore has some of that and while I wouldn't be unrealistically excited, I wouldn't be unhappy... I think the negative press for his combine numbers dramatically overshadows what he did at Texas A&M.

All that said, our 1st rd pick is probably a bit too high given potential downside (combine numbers could call into question work ethic/preparedness), so I would prefer to trade down or take him with our 2nd rd pick if possible.
    1st and 10 at DEN 20 (Shotgun) T.Tebow pass deep middle to D.Thomas for 80 yards, TOUCHDOWN.