Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Probably deserves it's own thread but maybe applies tangentially here...

I'm historically a free market, weak uncle sam, 'earn it yourself' kinda guy but this kind of disparity has really made it difficult to not soften my position.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

And when those rich guys lost 10 trillion dollars ya'll supported giving it right back to them. Just because the rich guys were organized enough to convince you to. I sat on the sidelines amazed at the willingness to accept whatever the rich said needed to happen.

The free market didn't get them rich. Corrupting markets, manipulating markets and ensuring it wasn't a free market did.

I never really got the impression that the people were in favor of bailing out the banks.

It was more like the rich guys convinced the rich congressional guys to help them out.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Don't you realize that the entire economy would have died instantly if we hadn't bailed out the banks and AIG?

I personally love what those propped up bad debts and malinvestments have done to our economy since then. It's like being in a hot air balloon with 14 aircraft carriers dangling from the bottom.
    “Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.” -Gandhi

Rational skepticism is not the same thing as being a conspiracy theorist.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream. -Muggeridge

Quote Originally Posted by The Cryin Lion View Post
    I never really got the impression that the people were in favor of bailing out the banks.

It was more like the rich guys convinced the rich congressional guys to help them out.
    Then ten trillion wasn't enough money to steal to grab the pitchforks? I guess the ten trillion number really wasn't reported much at the time. You may be right, but I think the votes in the next 3 elections didn't support what you've assumed above (no incumbents).
    Last edited by eaglesnut; 04-12-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Probably deserves it's own thread but maybe applies tangentially here...

I'm historically a free market, weak uncle sam, 'earn it yourself' kinda guy but this kind of disparity has really made it difficult to not soften my position.
    You and me both. I'm learning more and more that my ideals don't always translate as well as I would like.

Check out my other thread on the imbalance of the US economy. There are some charts there that have lines going the wrong direction, and I ask myself "how the hell do we ever possibly get back to there from here?" It doesn't seem possible in our current system, with corporate America's current mindset.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/ap...after-stallin/

Thank God, this bill died in the TN Senate
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456