Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If were the Bears I wouldn't. But if the Bears did I would be upset round 1, disappointed round 2, and could talk myself into acceptance 3rd or later.
    Basic, yes, but it was something we rarely saw under former Bears coordinator Ron Turner. Turner's idea of in-game adjustments involved his boxer shorts. -Rick Morrissey.

I can at least see an argument with round 1, but I'm not sure how you could be disappointed spending a 2nd rounder on him. I'm assuming we are talking about football skills here.
    BEAR DOWN..................... AND WHILE YOU'RE DOWN THERE.....

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    I can at least see an argument with round 1, but I'm not sure how you could be disappointed spending a 2nd rounder on him. I'm assuming we are talking about football skills here.
    I see your point here. A little devil's advocate, much as the people that were against McClellin in RD1 (saying you can find situational pass rushers later in the draft), maybe those same people are of the belief that you can find two down thumper LBs later in the draft, where they are accepting it in R3. Just one argument I could see.

Quote Originally Posted by mouse View Post
    didn't you know, he's evil incarnate.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Quote Originally Posted by BearsFanInMN View Post
    If were the Bears I wouldn't. But if the Bears did I would be upset round 1, disappointed round 2, and could talk myself into acceptance 3rd or later.
    I'm no Bears fan, but this is where I think he belongs too.

That BCS game really exposed his game IMO.
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

No thx

Quote Originally Posted by thunderspirit View Post
    Hes not evil (unless you equate prolific lying to evil), but hes also not worthy of being evaluated only on his football skills. No one with a serious question mark(s) (and a circus-like atmosphere surrounding them) gets to be evaluated only on their football skills. Why should Teo? (If you have special insight into Te'o not having any serious question mark, please do advise.)

i don't have any special insight into Te'o.

i do know that the chatter i've read and heard so far indicates that teams have dug into him and do not appear to think the catfishing circus is a concern. talk is cheap, of course, and it's certainly possible that they think otherwise but aren't telling anyone. YMMV.

if you want to criticize his play in the championship game, that's worth discussing. but that'd be evaluating him on his football skills.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Quote Originally Posted by thunderspirit View Post
    Evil is not a thing. It is a privation. As such, 'evil incarnate' is a contradiction. Like a married bachelor or a four-sided triangle or a beautiful woman from Wisconsin. YMMV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12