Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    Has anybody done the math as to how much baking soda it would take to get blood Ph up, temporarily, from 7.35 to 7.45? That much high school chemistry I don't recall.

Absent somebody correcting the biology, I'd assume 7 liters of blood in the body, from memory, and the best-case scenario that all the baking soda gets taken into the blood stream.

And how fast is the homeostasis that combats Ph changes?
    http://www.chemistry.wustl.edu/~edud...er/Buffer.html

That discusses the buffer processes in blood ph.

If a temporary rise or fall is all you're after, you could either go do a strenuous workout (which would quickly acidify blood thanks to lactic acid release) or eat a cucumber salad (which has a high alkalizing effect).

Blood ph takes weeks to alter to any significant degree, saliva/localized organ ph, interstital fluid, etc. can change faster.

Here's a study on baking soda and kidney disease, because the kidneys are part of the blood ph regulation mechanism, something is altering outcomes.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2736774/
    “Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.” -Gandhi

Rational skepticism is not the same thing as being a conspiracy theorist.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream. -Muggeridge

Actually, I was just looking for an approximate number of grams, but it turns out to be tiny ... so tiny that I have trouble believing my own arithmetic.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by ThankGod4Walsh View Post
    It's not baking soda specifically cheesy.

If the blood ph is above 7.4 cancer cells not only can't grow, but they shrink due to nutrient starvation. If you push it up to 7.45 for a few days, particularly using baking soda (because of the chemical composition and ability to maintain it's own internal high ph), cancer cells will die in the presence of it while normal human cells just keep humming along.

It's the old Otto Warburg theory on cellular respiration replacement in cancer cells, oxygen for sugar. If you don't feed them, they don't grow.

I will disagree with AV though because I think you need an adaptogen (reishii, lion's mane, etc.) and an epigenetic modulator like curcumin in order to truly "kill" the cancer cells.

The ph strategy will stop cancer growth and shrink tumors, but it won't necessarily kill the cancer cells unless locally injected and having localized ph at 8.0 or above. Which isn't what I would consider to be 100% safe, because the body has to downregulate excessive alkalinity just like excessive acidity.

Adjusting ph is part of the 3-pronged attack though, if you have blood lower than 7.4ph cancer cells can grow and thrive. And baking soda's the best substance to raise blood ph quickly and safely.
    I would like to see some controlled testing of bodily fluids on this in order to verify it. Do you have a link? I honestly haven't studied this and any links to real test results/lab evals would be great.

I have actually read that curcumin stimulates the cellular regulation and would cause the cancer cells which haven't gotten the death command, to receive it and die. There has been some limited testing which shows some promise in the cancer-fighting realm which backs you up. I've seen the studies and you at least have something in regards to curcumin. The baking soda though.....I need a bit more from ya on that Walshie.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlecheese View Post
    I would like to see some controlled testing of bodily fluids on this in order to verify it. Do you have a link? I honestly haven't studied this and any links to real test results/lab evals would be great.

I have actually read that curcumin stimulates the cellular regulation and would cause the cancer cells which haven't gotten the death command, to receive it and die. There has been some limited testing which shows some promise in the cancer-fighting realm which backs you up. I've seen the studies and you at least have something in regards to curcumin. The baking soda though.....I need a bit more from ya on that Walshie.
    Paywalled, maybe you can find it free somewhere-

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/co.../2260.abstract

And important snippet from this research-

The results confirm that bicarbonate buffering of tumor acidity does not function to inhibit primary tumor growth
    http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2407/11/235

And cue the "quack watch" commentary, but Sircus did an excellent job with his sodium bicarbonate book which has a list of various research done on the subject-

http://www.amazon.com/Sodium-Bicarbo.../dp/B005347ZFQ

Anyway the first 2 links alone should elaborate how sodium bicarbonate raises ph around cancer cells halting the spread of cancer (but not killing the cancer itself). That's why I say you need an adaptogen and an epi modulator in combination with baking soda- baking soda promotes a more alkaline environment, which keeps cancer from spreading, the adaptogens and baking soda improve mitochondrial productivity and increase oxygen to cells, and the epi modulator provides cells with a blueprint to seek out and destroy cancerous cells.

It's fine to halt the spread of cancer via baking soda. It doesn't eliminate it.
    It's fine to increase oxygen levels and immune response via adaptogens. It doesn't kill the cancer cells that the body can't detect.
    It's fine to impart knowledge to the cells just which cancerous cells should be destroyed via epi modulators. It doesn't work efficiently alone.
    “Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.” -Gandhi

Rational skepticism is not the same thing as being a conspiracy theorist.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream. -Muggeridge

Quote Originally Posted by ThankGod4Walsh View Post
    Paywalled, maybe you can find it free somewhere-

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/co.../2260.abstract

And important snippet from this research-

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2407/11/235

And cue the "quack watch" commentary, but Sircus did an excellent job with his sodium bicarbonate book which has a list of various research done on the subject-

http://www.amazon.com/Sodium-Bicarbo.../dp/B005347ZFQ

Anyway the first 2 links alone should elaborate how sodium bicarbonate raises ph around cancer cells halting the spread of cancer (but not killing the cancer itself). That's why I say you need an adaptogen and an epi modulator in combination with baking soda- baking soda promotes a more alkaline environment, which keeps cancer from spreading, the adaptogens and baking soda improve mitochondrial productivity and increase oxygen to cells, and the epi modulator provides cells with a blueprint to seek out and destroy cancerous cells.

It's fine to halt the spread of cancer via baking soda. It doesn't eliminate it.
    It's fine to increase oxygen levels and immune response via adaptogens. It doesn't kill the cancer cells that the body can't detect.
    It's fine to impart knowledge to the cells just which cancerous cells should be destroyed via epi modulators. It doesn't work efficiently alone.
    Man, I'm hella busy right now from work overtime projects and other buying research for a major purchase and can't spare a whole lot of time to read up on this. I will re-visit this when I have about 5 hours so that I can do some deep reading/research on this topic and review lab tests.

If this turns out true, this would definitely mean that doctors should be recommending that people with genetic/family predisposition for cancer should be on an alkaline-leaning diet along with a cucurmin supplement regimen. Cucurmin is an antioxidant and it's not surprising that it's got medicinal value. I've found extensive evidence (and even personal experience) that heavy good anti-oxidant supplementation with Resveratrol, DHQ & GliSODin prevent/lessen diseases and even occasional colds/flu's. As of now, I'm just a few months away from my 4th year anniversary from the last time I had to take antibiotics after a cold caused a lung infection/cough. I used to get bronchitis TWICE A YEAR and needed antibiotics to clear it up after getting colds. It's been nearly 4 years since needing to take antibiotics or even getting a cold (this was after adding DHQ, Di-HydroQuercetin to my regimen).

I am a firm believer now that your food is definitely a medicine as it empowers your body to resist stress, DNA damage and fight disease. When your immune system doesn't have to constantly repair inflammatory damage from damage from free radicals injuring cells (because the antioxidants are rendering the free radicals inert before hurting your cells), then your body's defenses and repair functions are freed up to work on the disease-based threats.

One of the major areas that anti-oxidants help is in reducing inflammation caused by cell damaging free radicals. If you live in a city with all the pollutants we are exposed to, and you're over the age of 25, you NEED to be taking antioxidants to keep yourself protected as your body is under an all-out assault by toxins, chemicals and disease.

Anyway, got carried away with my rant. Sorry. Back to the topic. I will look into baking soda. I mean, it certainly couldn't hurt someone who has a mild/slow-growing stage-1 cancer to give this kind of treatment a try. If there is any way to avoid chemo-therapy, I HIGHLY recommend that people do avoid it. I just don't understand after all the advanced understanding we've developed on the function of the body that our medical industry still advocates POISONING a person as some kind of medical treatment. It's an utterly insane and contradictory idea. Medicine isn't supposed to harm, it's supposed to HEAL and cancer is a condition caused from within someone's body. It follows that treating the function of the body is the answer as a cure (whether it be by nutrition to enhance proper function, or by waking up the immune system to fight the danger).

Either way, the cure for cancer is NOT going to be by developing POISON and radiation which damages human cells. That's literally going to set up an already cancer-prone person to get cancer AGAIN later on due to cellular damage caused by the chemo and radiation. When you understand what CAUSES cancer, you certainly want to pull your hair out from frustration when you see the very cancer treatments are going to increase the odds that cancer will return later.

So, when the professional medical community shuns holistic and natural/nutritional medical treatments for cancer, it really upsets me because it's my opinion that proper diet to support proper cell function is a VERY reasonable and logical course of treatment, which should be the FIRST STEP in treating an early cancer. And I'll stress also that people with family predisposition should be on a specific diet for cancer prevention purposes. Just like someone with heart disease in their family being on a preventative diet. It's BEYOND time that the medical establishment recognize that DIET and NUTRITION should be often used in lieu of drugs to treat a whole slew of common medical problems.
    Last edited by thelittlecheese; 03-31-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

Some of you cats are truly missing your calling. Cuz it seems that you have the cure for all the ails that get discussed on this forum. Regardless if it health related, money related, world crisis related etc etc.

Or who knows, maybe you are out there fixing all that ails the world and we poor shmucks at KFFL. Are totally ignorant to the true and pure genius that we are privy to free of charge here.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    Some of you cats are truly missing your calling. Cuz it seems that you have the cure for all the ails that get discussed on this forum. Regardless if it health related, money related, world crisis related etc etc.

Or who knows, maybe you are out there fixing all that ails the world and we poor shmucks at KFFL. Are totally ignorant to the true and pure genius that we are privy to free of charge here.
    Some people just don't want to be Billionaires.
    "You don't understand, there was shrinkage."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12