Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by thelittlecheese View Post
    Wow. Really? If there is any water from that "brine", before it would hit the ground water, it would filter through quite a bit of sand and rock. You would end up with filtered water. Let's use our heads here.
    Are you ****ing kidding me? It's going to filter through sand and rock... Filtered water? I'm struggling to hold back insults.

Delineation of Saltwater Intrusion in the Biscayne Aquifer:
    http://fl.water.usgs.gov/Miami/onlin...rts/wri964285/

Overdrawing the Biscayne aquifer in Florida has permitted the sea to intrude on land that was once freshwater sources. Many wells in these areas are now useless. The earth didn't magically sort out the salt and leave these people with potable water as it progressed inland.

South Florida drinking water faces saltwater threat

How much earth science education do you have? I have a ****ton, and you are making my head hurt. You have 0 clue what you're talking about.

Or are you trolling? I could understand that better.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    All the overpopulatedists should practice what they preach and get rid of themselves.
    If I may ask, why are you so sensitive about the anti-overpopulation discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    Are you ****ing kidding me? It's going to filter through sand and rock... Filtered water? I'm struggling to hold back insults.

Delineation of Saltwater Intrusion in the Biscayne Aquifer:
    http://fl.water.usgs.gov/Miami/onlin...rts/wri964285/

Overdrawing the Biscayne aquifer in Florida has permitted the sea to intrude on land that was once freshwater sources. Many wells in these areas are now useless. The earth didn't magically sort out the salt and leave these people with potable water as it progressed inland.

South Florida drinking water faces saltwater threat

How much earth science education do you have? I have a ****ton, and you are making my head hurt. You have 0 clue what you're talking about.

Or are you trolling? I could understand that better.
    Salt can be filtered from water as can minerals. There is a natural filtration from the earth.
    http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Does-t...You&id=3624713
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    Not without petroleum which is used in insecticides, fertilizer, the equipment to harvest the food, the equipment to transport the food, etc.
    We can use all kinds of other things other than petroleum for everything that we use petroleum for has now.

Why we don't gets more into the discussion of our flaws as humans and as a society. But it has nothing to do with over-populating the planet to the point that it can't sustain us.

Someday we will reach a "population limit". But it has nothing to do with what the earth can and can’t sustain. It will only involve what we as a society decide is and isn’t worth the effort in saving.

Kind of like how we in the past have allowed places in Africa to reach their “population limit” because we have decided that those people can’t produce enough of something for us to make them worth saving.

Realize that virtually nothing we do to anything actually destroys it. We could EASILY be “self-sustainable” if we decided as a society that was important.
    Last edited by ducky; 03-28-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Makes you wonder what the inevitable post-apocalyptic, armageddon type world is going to be like at some point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory J. Bonini View Post
    If I may ask, why are you so sensitive about the anti-overpopulation discussion?
    Because when people, especially leaders in the past have gotten behind this kind of premise, very, very awful results have come about. I think we should use wisdom like that from J.R.R. Tolkien in the Lord of the Rings when Gandalf was speaking to Frodo.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

What is angering to eaglesnut, as well as myself, is that there are always elites who say that we need fewer people, but it's quite an odd thing they they never seem to be talking about THEMSELVES when they engage in these plans. They engage in judgement, ie, Eugenics. Humanity's recent history has shown just how misguided those ideas are and how much misery those pursuits cause everyone. Those who we often look down on are in at least some respects, our superiors. Nature (or God, if you're religious) intended a balance of gifts in human kind. We're intended to find a way to work it out.

Besides. Every sentient being must be given the utmost respect. That's why we have individual rights. I know where eaglesnut is coming from and agree that he has a right to be sensitive about this topic because there has been far too many examples of de-population and eugenics taken to extremes. I stand firmly against this philosophy and stand for the individual rights of every human being. If we don't preserve that, then we as a human race deserve to perish.

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlecheese View Post
    Because when people, especially leaders in the past have gotten behind this kind of premise, very, very awful results have come about. I think we should use wisdom like that from J.R.R. Tolkien in the Lord of the Rings when Gandalf was speaking to Frodo.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

What is angering to eaglesnut, as well as myself, is that there are always elites who say that we need fewer people, but it's quite an odd thing they they never seem to be talking about THEMSELVES when they engage in these plans. They engage in judgement, ie, Eugenics. Humanity's recent history has shown just how misguided those ideas are and how much misery those pursuits cause everyone. Those who we often look down on are in at least some respects, our superiors. Nature (or God, if you're religious) intended a balance of gifts in human kind. We're intended to find a way to work it out.

Besides. Every sentient being must be given the utmost respect. That's why we have individual rights. I know where eaglesnut is coming from and agree that he has a right to be sensitive about this topic because there has been far too many examples of de-population and eugenics taken to extremes. I stand firmly against this philosophy and stand for the individual rights of every human being. If we don't preserve that, then we as a human race deserve to perish.
    I'm not saying the world is overpopulated in an elitist sense. I am not advocating eugenics (according to you, everyone in government seems to), but there is no denying the world is overpopulated. Eaglesnut gets outright aggressive when anyone brings up the subject, as if he has personally lost someone to population control. It just seems ... contrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory J. Bonini View Post
    ... there is no denying the world is overpopulated...
    Yes I can deny it and with reasoned response. You can find a reasoned response online easily which gives you numbers, statistics and rational consideration of the topic.

http://overpopulationisamyth.com/

Eaglesnut gets outright aggressive when anyone brings up the subject, as if he has personally lost someone to population control. It just seems ... contrived.
    He should and so should everyone who has even a rudimentary understanding of history. Mankind has done unforgivable things in the name of overpopulation in the past.

I think most folks can agree that the ideal global population is lower than it is today.

On the other hand, those worried about old age entitlements and so on can quickly figure out that the ideal population growth rate from that perspective could be positive.

On the gripping hand -- how many jobs really need doing going forward? Even economically, it's possible that the ideal population growth rate would turn out to be negative.

And all that's even before we start with considerations of "Ideal for whom?"
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    I think most folks can agree that the ideal global population is lower than it is today.
    Can they now? Define ideal. I don't think most folks have any concept whatsoever what the "ideal population" should be. I have my doubts anyone, including you, have any notion what this "ideal" is. You're parroting what wacky college professors have been saying for CENTURIES now.

http://overpopulationisamyth.com/ove...-myth#header-1

The site with the most simple explanation works best and dispels all you fraudulent overpopulation alarmists. You're all really about "control", not about people and what's right.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234