Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Starbucks

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Cullivers was honest and forthright.

Kluwe and aya were simply self righteous and arrogant. They sound like fandango on this board. It's one thing to be in favor, it's another to be a total douche about it
    Ah, so they were the douchey ones, not good ole Culliver. I'm at a loss. I don't see how you can see this as self righteous and arrogant. Its not a personal cause, its not one that is going to make you particularly popular in the NFL and its clearly something they genuinely care about. Its not like they just popped off at the mouth once. They have continually backed up their words and continued fighting for the cause. Hate the game, not the player.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Lets use a separate issue. Like say, North Korea.

I really don't give a **** what Dennis Rodman thinks about our foreign policy with North Korea.

He could say we should be allies, he could say we should bomb them back to the stone age.

Doesn't matter. The dude knows jack squat about foreign policy and is simply making a spectacle of himself to keep himself relevant. He wasn't just asked a question. he's openly sought this type of attention.
    Kluwe and Ayanbadejo have no history of bringing attention to themselves othre than this issue. Rodman is a poor example.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Kluwe and Ayanbadejo have no history of bringing attention to themselves othre than this issue. Rodman is a poor example.
    It's the same thing. No one asked them their opinion.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Do you wait to be asked? Did anyone ask Martin Luther King his opinion? I'm not saying these guys are MLK by any means, not even remotely close. I'm just saying that if you wait to be asked, you may wait a while. I think its important to speak out. If the public thinks you are an idiot, your opinion will be drowned out, but if the public agrees with you, it can be a rallying point. It can bring attention to something important, it can get other people, who may be more intelligent on the issue, mobilized and involved.

If people want to mobilize around Rodman or Culliver, so be it. I think generally people here nonsense like theirs though and just ignore it. They don't have anything to offer and their causes aren't relevant or meaningful to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Did anyone ask Martin Luther King his opinion?
    Umm yes. A lot of people. The first ones threw him in jail for it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678