Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Worst Mock Ever?

This is what Pro Football Talk put up. I think they're trolling...

1. Chiefs: DE Dion Jordan, Oregon.

2. Jaguars: OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M.

3. Raiders: DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida.

4. Eagles: DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri.

5. Lions: CB Desmond Trufant, Washington.

6. Browns: DE Ziggy Ansah, BYU.

7. Cardinals: DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU.

8. Bills: QB Matt Barkley, USC.

9. Jets: CB Dee Milliner, Alabama.

10. Titans: OG Chance Warmack, Alabama.

11. Chargers: OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan.

12. Dolphins: OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma.

13. Buccaneers: WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia.

14. Panthers: DT Star Lotulelei, Utah.

15. Saints: WR Keenan Allen, California.

16. Rams: OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina.

17. Steelers: RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama.

18. Cowboys: S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas.

19. Giants: DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State.

20. Bears: LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia.

21. Bengals: DT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina.

22. Rams (from Redskins): OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama.

23. Vikings: QB Geno Smith, West Virginia.

24. Colts: WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee.

25. Vikings (from Seahawks): LB Manti Te’o, Notre Dame.

26. Packers: TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame.

27. Texans: WR Deandre Hopkins, Clemson.

28. Broncos: S Matt Elam, Florida.

29. Patriots: CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State.

30. Falcons: DE Cornellius Carradine, Florida State.

31. 49ers: NT John Jenkins, Georgia.

32. Ravens: OT Kyle Long, Oregon.

Permalink 222 Comments Latest Storie

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ock-draft-1-0/

Florio is a stooge. Literally.

I saw that. Terrible. Trufant to my Lions?

Jordan is becoming one of the more overrated prospects I can remember. I feel silly saying it since I liked Curry, but Jordan is the new Curry it seems. Lots of on paper skills, none of them well developed. Jordan at 15 to the Saints I'd get. Jordan in the top 5 is a stretch. I kind of get it if Jax takes him, as he might fit into Bradley's different style of defense.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Jordan has #1 overall ability. True, it didn't play on the field, but it's that kind of draft. Teams are banking on these JPP-type switches from inexperienced/non-dominant college players with insane athletic ability to top NFL player.

For reference, KC might well be playing a defense similar to Jacksonville. They certainly will if they take a pass-rusher as that's how they'll get 3 guys on the field (Houston, Hali, #1).

Even if this played out like this...The Vikes not taking Patterson at 23 and Smith at 25. Seems logical to me.

I like the pick for the Bolts

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    Jordan has #1 overall ability. True, it didn't play on the field, but it's that kind of draft. Teams are banking on these JPP-type switches from inexperienced/non-dominant college players with insane athletic ability to top NFL player.

For reference, KC might well be playing a defense similar to Jacksonville. They certainly will if they take a pass-rusher as that's how they'll get 3 guys on the field (Houston, Hali, #1).
    This draft is a little thin, but not enough to take a guy like Jordan #1. I don't see how you can hate on a Joeckel pick in order to take Jordan or Jarvis Jones or something.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Jordan helps the Chiefs' biggest need (pass rush). His upside is pretty much the best defensive player in the league. There's a lot to like. I wouldn't go to war for taking the guy or anything, but I'd like to hit a grand slam at #1, not a solid double. If I miss? Eh, I've got other batters up in the next round. Or next year. Or the year after.

I think Jordan has become pretty overrated, not just as a prospect, but in terms of his upside as well. If you really wanted to swing for the fences on an outside pass rusher, I don't see how you justify him over Ansah, or Mingo for that matter.

Is that a terrible mock? Yep.

Although if I could magically look into the future and put up what actually is going to happen on draft day, we would all think it is a terrible mock and rip like half the picks.

It seems like most NFL drafts have a head-scratching Top 10 pick - the type of pick that would be heavily ridiculed in a mock draft. I'd say if there isn't a head-scratcher in the Top 10, it is probably unrealistic in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    I think Jordan has become pretty overrated, not just as a prospect, but in terms of his upside as well. If you really wanted to swing for the fences on an outside pass rusher, I don't see how you justify him over Ansah, or Mingo for that matter.
    I would've agreed around 2 years ago, but it seems the NFL is more about speed now than ever. Guys who can get off the ball and dip around an OT, nothing's more valuable. I don't see a whole lot of evidence of dominant quick-twitch rush on tape, but the glimpses of it are special. Unblockable stuff. No question it would be a very risky pick, quite frankly for anyone in the top 10 or so, not just top 5 or #1.

It's that kind of draft. A terrible looking mock now might be closer to reality than something most agree is logical. That is what happens when you have no clear cut blue chip players and a lot of similarly graded players from 5-50.

If the Cards not only passed on Johnson, but Fisher too...someone needs to get fired.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post

That's quite the mind boggling statement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast