Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DJ Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by brantcruz50 View Post
    Also, related to the whole "BU deserved better" sentiments some have metioned (though fewer than I would have expected, thankfully).

BU's salary last year was $8 million. By keeping him and not asking him to take a pay cut last year, PE did give him his "Legend" treatment. From strictly a business standpoint, no other NFL team would have paid him nearly that much last year had we jettisoned him. We honored that contract when many in the cruel NFL biz might not have. So, I personally don't feel so bad, despite BU being my favorite Bear since Singletary.
    Seems like a better idea for BU would have been to extend his contract by 1 year, lowering last year's number to $5M and give him $5M this year. It would be the same effect of $8M last year and $2M this year, but would have appeared better. Too late now, wish they would have made something happen with him then not now.
    "When they boo you, you know they mean you." George Halas

I think DJ is definitely faster and more physical than BU, although he is 3" shorter.

DJ's biggest challenge is to get that defense to gel around him the same way BU did.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Good signing, I have always liked Williams/ Nice for us that he could also play OLB if needed as well.
    BEAR DOWN..................... AND WHILE YOU'RE DOWN THERE.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    I think DJ is definitely faster and more physical than BU, although he is 3" shorter.

DJ's biggest challenge is to get that defense to gel around him the same way BU did.
    Actually, I hope the Bears still draft Urlacher's replacement this year and slide DJ over to OLB.
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanky View Post
    Seems like a better idea for BU would have been to extend his contract by 1 year, lowering last year's number to $5M and give him $5M this year. It would be the same effect of $8M last year and $2M this year, but would have appeared better. Too late now, wish they would have made something happen with him then not now.
    And under those circumstances, we would have over $3M less in cap room, but also have Urlacher and Not Williams. Without that cap room, we wouldn't have been able to sign both Bushrod and Bennett. Which one of those two are you proposing we should have given up to keep Urlacher instead of Williams?
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefive View Post
    And under those circumstances, we would have over $3M less in cap room, but also have Urlacher and Not Williams. Without that cap room, we wouldn't have been able to sign both Bushrod and Bennett. Which one of those two are you proposing we should have given up to keep Urlacher instead of Williams?
    We'd have the same amount of cap room since we carried forward all remaining cap from 2012. We could have still gotten Bushrod and Bennett under this scenario.

We'd have the same amount of cap room since we carried forward all remaining cap from 2012. We could have still gotten Bushrod and Bennett under this scenario.
    You can carry forward cap room??? Then why do teams sign guys at the end of the year to use up their cap space?
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

You can carry forward cap room??? Then why do teams sign guys at the end of the year to use up their cap space?
    Go ahead and type your question into google, it'll give you all the answers, but yes the new CBA allows teams to carry forward unused cap space with written notice. I believe they carried forward around $3M this year.

Go ahead and type your question into google, it'll give you all the answers, but yes the new CBA allows teams to carry forward unused cap space with written notice. I believe they carried forward around $3M this year.
    I think Nanky's right on this one Fiver...I remember reading somewhere there's a special stipulation that teams can carry a limited amount of salary cap into the following year. No idea on specifics but I think it can be done.
    The two-wheeled scourge of the streets

I see that Nanky is indeed right. Thanks for educating me. Learning is good.

I see that Nanky is indeed right. Thanks for educating me. Learning is good.
    So...One CAN teach an old dog new tricks!
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Quote Originally Posted by janos_51 View Post
    So...One CAN teach an old dog new tricks!
    Hey now!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12