Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NYC View Post
    Do Cinderellas ever win?

I know they'll occasionally make the final four, and once in a very blue moon the championship game (like Butler a couple of years ago when they were a #12 seed), but has any lower-half seed ever won the whole thing?
    Butler was a 5 when they lost to duke and I believe an 8 when they lost to Uconn.

VCU was an 11 that beat Kansas (who's really surprised by that at this point?) and went from the first 4 to the Final Four.

I'd say 85 Villanova is a cinderella as a 9 seed winning it all. But the no shot clock era is a completely different game.

Personally, I think they should extend the college 3 all the way back to the NBA 3, but that would hurt the Cinderellas even more, although it would probably improve the quality of the game.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

I finally won my 1st bracket ever...after maybe 20-25 tries...

I was sweating it out...when Syracuse lost...I lost the ability to win 1st/2nd place...and needed my 2nd entry to win with Louisville. But someone else had Louisville and we had to go down to the tie-breaker...I needed for the game to go over 152 total points scored....I barely won!
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

This was my worst overall bracket ever. My final 4 was Indiana, Michigan, Louisville and Ohio St. with Louisville losing to Indiana in the final. Ugh. It was a total mess throughout. That said, fun year for the tourney and this is why I enjoy college tourney over NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    This was my worst overall bracket ever. My final 4 was Indiana, Michigan, Louisville and Ohio St. with Louisville losing to Indiana in the final. Ugh. It was a total mess throughout. That said, fun year for the tourney and this is why I enjoy college tourney over NBA.
    That's not bad. You had two final four teams. I had Miami, New Mexico, Saint Louis, and Kansas. You did good! Give yourself a pat on the back.
    Chum is Fum... Fum is Chum

I didn't do too poorly. I filled out two brackets on ESPN, one for a group my musical's cast ran (pride only) and one my friend ran ($5 bet.) I actually won the first, lost the second (of course. Can't have me winning money, or anything. That'd be unnatural.) Ended up with the better bracket scoring an 88.7%, the weaker was 86.2%. Both brackets had Louisville winning it all, though I didn't get any other Final Four teams right.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345