Draft for the Bears

assume no trade-downs.

# 20
    # 50

http://www.gbnreport.com/top100.html
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

a little unrealistic, i think. hmm.

# 20: Star Lotulelei, dt, Utah. a clear-cut case of BPA, even though it's not a huge need.

# 50: Arthur Brown, lb, Kansas St. best LB on the board, and i'm tickled to land him here.

#117: Hugh Thornton, g, Illinois. i think he's plug-and-play at either G spot.

#153: Chris Harper, wr, Kansas St. this is my pound-on-the-table guy, TBH. he's worth a Day 3 flyer.

#188: Adrian Bushell, cb, Louisville. best corner left on my board. decent coverage guy with decent ball skills.

EDIT: looking past #253, i'd try to bring in T.J. Johnson, c, South Carolina; Jack Doyle, te, W Kentucky; Marquis Jackson, de, Portland St; Vinston Painter, t, Virginia Tech; Alex Carder, qb, W Michigan; and Phillip Steward, olb, Houston.
    Last edited by thunderspirit; 03-21-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

# 20....Star Lotulelei DT Utah: yeah we Franchised Melton, so what...thats a 1 year deal right?
    # 50....Arthur Brown LB Kansas State: Getting him in the 2nd would be a steal, even if he is a bit on the smaller side
    #117...Alvin Bailey OG Arkansas: Strong guy who can also block in space (ie when pulling)
    #153...Denard Robinson WR Michigan: Playmaker with Speed and Agility...hard to pass up when you get this late in the draft.
    #188...Melvin White CB Louisiana-Lafayette: Not listed in the GBN top 300, but I like him for his height and where he's from and who he's compared to...http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...ite?id=2539251
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderspirit View Post
    a little unrealistic, i think. hmm.

# 20: Star Lotulelei, dt, Utah. a clear-cut case of BPA, even though it's not a huge need.

# 50: Arthur Brown, lb, Kansas St. best LB on the board, and i'm tickled to land him here.

#117: Hugh Thornton, g, Illinois. i think he's plug-and-play at either G spot.

#153: Chris Harper, wr, Kansas St. this is my pound-on-the-table guy, TBH. he's worth a Day 3 flyer.

#188: Adrian Bushell, cb, Louisville. best corner left on my board. decent coverage guy with decent ball skills.

EDIT: looking past #253, i'd try to bring in T.J. Johnson, c, South Carolina; Jack Doyle, te, W Kentucky; Marquis Jackson, de, Portland St; Vinston Painter, t, Virginia Tech; Alex Carder, qb, W Michigan; and Phillip Steward, olb, Houston.
    Interesting that you got the first two right, then you got the positions right but got the names wrong...
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Wow. Is it a rule that you must pick at particular positions in each round? How boring.
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

M5: it just means janos and i see the same team (if not the same solutions).

and he's entitled to be wrong... LOL

20.Star Lotulelei DT Utah
    50.David Amerson CB North Carolina State
    117.Alvin Bailey OG Arkansas
    153.A.J. Klein LB Iowa State
    188.Tyler Shaw WR Northwest Missouri State

Man, the Bears are so ****ed only having 5 draft picks with the lack of young talent they have.
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

Hate going by prospect rankings to do a mock... walterfootball.com is what I am going off of

R1-20 Desmond Trufont CB Wash
    R2-50 Manti Te'o ILB ND
    R4-117 Brian Schwenke C Cal
    R5-153 Joe Fauria - TE UCLA

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Man, the Bears are so ****ed only having 5 draft picks with the lack of young talent they have.
    I don't think we are THAT bad off with young talent. We ARE that bad of when you consider Young + Tied Up talent, and general cap health. The guys I really care about keeping (young and old) all have contracts coming up in the next 1-2 years.

#20 EJ Manuel, QB, Florida St
    #50 Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas Pine-Bluff
    #117 Gerald Hodges, LB, Penn St
    #153 Corey Fuller, WR, Virginia Tech
    #188 Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA
    Next thing you know they will take my thoughts away

# 20 Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
    # 50 Barrett Jones C/G Alabama (X)
    #117 Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
    #153 Denard Robinson WR Michigan (/RB)
    #188 Tom Wort LB Oklahoma

Admittedly I know next to nothing about non-star named players or players that weren't brought up on the board. I guess I need to watch more college ball.
    A man like Emery doesn't need a search firm. He is the search firm. - Jon Greenberg.