Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QB options

ffl recruiter said it.. his first sentence

I personally wouldn't touch QB in this draft ... I would build a good foundation and then take our future QB next season. Rd 4 or 5 if someone with potential drops then sure.

exactly rey!! We have 3 capable guys. We are not making a SB run this year. Draft spots are better used on 'starting' capable guys on the OL and other positions to give the qb a better situation to come into. It also gives Chip a year to see what he has in the guys we have. I would honestly love to trade a player or pick away for a 1st in 'next years' draft so that we have the resources to trade up as needed in the 1st next year tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    I personally wouldn't touch QB in this draft ... I would build a good foundation and then take our future QB next season. Rd 4 or 5 if someone with potential drops then sure.
    Agreed.

All of these QBs are 3rd rd prospects in most years imo.

I'd load up on DB/DL/OL and let the new era begin.

Quote Originally Posted by FFL_Recruiter View Post
    ...Doc, thanks for the list and info. That's exactly what I wanted - with perhaps a bit of 'side note' next to each person's name that might be a 'chip fit' - meaning a more mobile qb. As a person that doesn't get into college ball - I wanted to see a type of exec summary of where they all pan out...
    Sure. I can run the numbers, but Wings will need to add the side notes.

The Browns will probably release Colt McCoy as he hit an escalator that will raise his salary to close to $3M. He was never really given a fair shake in Cleveland IMO. I'd give him a look.

I think Nassib turns into a damn good QB -- but he's not a great fit for the offense I image Kelly wants to run.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123