• DE/LB Ziggy Ansah

1 3.45%
  • CB Dee Milliner

0 0%
  • Other - SPECIFY

3 10.34%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Jones is gone from consideration for this pick.

Well before today's flop, I voted for Dion Jordan for precisely this reason . . . Jones is a wildly productive college player on an outstanding line full of lineman strong enough to command double teams . . . A luxury he won't have in the NFL.

IF NOT Jordan I would pick Fisher.

I think Star Lotulelei is the best player in this draft if that's what you're asking. I also believe most times in the BPA theory of drafting. That being said, I think if I were GM of the Chiefs, I would want to trade down. If I couldn't, I guess I take the Star.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post
    Well before today's flop, I voted for Dion Jordan for precisely this reason . . . Jones is a wildly productive college player on an outstanding line full of lineman strong enough to command double teams . . . A luxury he won't have in the NFL.

IF NOT Jordan I would pick Fisher.
    That's barely the truth at all. Jones is the guy commanding double-teams which frees up his overrated teammates to get drafted in the mid-rounds. Yes, he's now out of consideration which is a shame (whoever takes him in the 20s will get a steal and we'll look back and say "how did that team get yet another steal?"), but he's still a great prospect. No problem if you prefer the upside pick, I can't and won't argue it, but I'm not sure how much you're underrating Jones if at all.

As for Geno or trading down, well, yes of course. But I left Geno out because KFFL is so risk-averse it's incredible, so I didn't think he'd get a vote. And trading down isn't an option in these mocks. If it was, just about every team in the round would end up being voted to trade down. Exactly who is going to make a pick if that happens?!

As of right now I'm looking at Dion Jordan, but I have to admit the pick would scare me at the same time as exciting me. 5 years from now, he could have 70+ sacks or he could be bouncing between teams as a reclamation project.
    Last edited by Wyndham; 03-22-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Are the Chiefs staying with a 3-4? If they are, I would not take Floyd. To me, he looks like a great one-gap 4-3 DT, but I don't like him nearly as well in a 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    That's barely the truth at all. Jones is the guy commanding double-teams which frees up his overrated teammates to get drafted in the mid-rounds. Yes, he's now out of consideration which is a shame (whoever takes him in the 20s will get a steal and we'll look back and say "how did that team get yet another steal?"), but he's still a great prospect. No problem if you prefer the upside pick, I can't and won't argue it, but I'm not sure how much you're underrating Jones if at all.

As for Geno or trading down, well, yes of course. But I left Geno out because KFFL is so risk-averse it's incredible, so I didn't think he'd get a vote. And trading down isn't an option in these mocks. If it was, just about every team in the round would end up being voted to trade down. Exactly who is going to make a pick if that happens?!

As of right now I'm looking at Dion Jordan, but I have to admit the pick would scare me at the same time as exciting me. 5 years from now, he could have 70+ sacks or he could be bouncing between teams as a reclamation project.
    Agree to disagree on Jones. He's a very good pass rusher with a solid first step and is relentless. But just to confirm what I'd already seen, I re watched the Florida game, and he was double tamed once the entire game. When you've got three big bodied linemen in Jenkins, Geathers and Jones taking up two linemen at a time (not at the the same time, but two in the game at a time) and other good pass rushing linemen like Washington and you are a pass rushing standup linebacker . . . You are going to get a lot of one on one blocks, and that shows up on film for Jones.

To his credit he beats a lot of those blocks, but I don't think he has the athletic ability to do that I the nFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseland Vike View Post
    Are the Chiefs staying with a 3-4? If they are, I would not take Floyd. To me, he looks like a great one-gap 4-3 DT, but I don't like him nearly as well in a 3-4.
    One-gap 3-4 with some hybrid 4-3 under stuff mixed in. May depend on who they like at #1.

I've given Floyd some thought, but I'm firmly in the "no way" camp at this point. He just doesn't make sense. He doesn't fit.

One-gap 3-4 with some hybrid 4-3 under stuff mixed in. May depend on who they like at #1.

I've given Floyd some thought, but I'm firmly in the "no way" camp at this point. He just doesn't make sense. He doesn't fit.
    I'm curious?. Why doesn't he fit? He looks like another Justin Smith IMO.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Smith is 6'4 with long arms and ran like a 4.6 or 4.7? I don't see how they're even similar, nevermind the same kind of guy. Floyd is fairly athletic but tubby with short arms and nowhere near the same kind of first step or explosiveness off the snap. Smith beats NFL LTs with quickness and power. I don't see Floyd doing that.

If the idea is that he needs to be Smith-like to justify this kind of pick I absolutely agree. The difference is, I don't remotely expect him to be.

I'm all about risk, but I think using both of your top 2 picks on QBs who basically only have use to you if they start right now is silly. If you were even considering going Geno, you don't trade for Alex. You are writing him off as a sunk cost about a month after trading for him, months before he ever sees game action.

I think you're wrong on Jones all around. He played in a scheme that let him loose while rarely having any other responsibility besides blitz out of a 2 point stance, without having to go one on one with a LT. There are rumors going around that he isn't much of a worker in weight room and such too and then he goes out and has a terrible pro day. Not just his 40 either. His jumps were not indicative of someone who is an explosive player either.

I don't think anyone on that Georgia DL was either elite(or overrated), but they did a good job of eating up blockers for him. Especially Jenkins, who was a near dominant college player.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Smith is 6'4 with long arms and ran like a 4.6 or 4.7? I don't see how they're even similar, nevermind the same kind of guy. Floyd is fairly athletic but tubby with short arms and nowhere near the same kind of first step or explosiveness off the snap. Smith beats NFL LTs with quickness and power. I don't see Floyd doing that.

If the idea is that he needs to be Smith-like to justify this kind of pick I absolutely agree. The difference is, I don't remotely expect him to be.
    Floyd is more GLenn Dorsey than Justin Smith IMO.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Justin Smith was a 270 LB beast of an athlete coming out of college. Fast, explosive and strong . . . Hebrew into his frame after that.

Floyd is pretty close to maxed out already, and while a decent athlete, he's not the freak that Smith was.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruffHawk View Post
    Justin Smith was a 270 LB beast of an athlete coming out of college. Fast, explosive and strong . . . Hebrew into his frame after that.
    Mazel tov!

Quote Originally Posted by femurov View Post
    I think Star Lotulelei is the best player in this draft
    As do I, which is why he got my vote.

Joeckel for the Chiefs. He has the lowest downside of any player in the draft and the Chiefs need to hit on this pick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12