• DE/LB Ziggy Ansah

1 3.45%
  • CB Dee Milliner

0 0%
  • Other - SPECIFY

3 10.34%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Voting Mock - #1 - who SHOULD Chiefs pick

Remember the most important detail here: the poll is asking KFFLers which player the teams should take, accounting for need, value and your own opinions on building teams. Remember, this might get bumped in 3 years. We run or just read plenty of mocks about who people think will be the pick, this one is for us to play GM.

Without further ado...

I went Joeckel. There isn't a perfect fit/value though. Joeckel is the best combination of value and safety IMHO.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I went Floyd.

Clearly BPA. And lets not act like Tyson Jackson should get in his way.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

I went with Jarvis Jones. Could play MLB. Jets like to have 4 LBs on the field at all time.

Not sure Floyd adds any more pass rush than Jackson or DeVito in this system.

Poll results are telling. 3 Chiefs fans have voted. We all hold widely different opinions generally. We have barely discussed it in the KC forum.

All 3 votes: Jarvis Jones.

Why? Because to the surprise of most, the Chiefs biggest need is team pass-rush. The best player in the draft is the guy who faced the best competition in the country and soulraped them with regularity and brute force. If you want to see the most impressive game tape of any prospect in this draft, put Jarvis Jones against Florida on YouTube. It goes 10 minutes and shows more than most prospects' entire college career highlight films.

Floyd should be considered if he wasn't a 300lb T-Rex and you could see any semblance of JJ Watt in him. Do you? Because I certainly don't. The guy's never going to make a living in the backfield. He might be solid overall, but the Chiefs don't lack run-stuffers up front, they just need pass-rush ability. At this point, they have 2 OLBs and nothing else. If they don't want another LB, the lineman they need absolutely has to move the QB in the pocket. Floyd won't beat NFL LTs with those gator arms and lack of range.

Luke Joeckel? Look, I can't argue with certainty that Albert will be in KC long-term, so simply for that reason, an OT has to be considered. If Albert's gone any time soon, it makes sense to have a premier replacement in place. But right now, he's starting at LT, and they have a bunch of OL talent which could work out at RT. If this guy was Joe Thomas, it's probably close to a no-brainer, but he really, REALLY isn't. It's a groupthink pick, but I really hope the Chiefs don't make it.

The other thing I notice in this poll is Fisher getting no votes. No love? He could be more dominant than Joeckel, and if the Chiefs do take an OT and want a day-one starter on the right side? Give me the guy who wants to kick your ass.

I took Joeckel because of Reid's most recent failure in Philly was that he couldn't protect his QB (sometimes from himself), and I can easily see them taking Joeckel to plug in on the right side where he will be one of the best RT's in the game. Albert and Joeckel make an impressive set of bookends. Also when you look at where the O line ranks as a unit, it was at or near the bottom in most pass blocking categories.

If Jarvis Jones was Derrick Thomas, this would be a no-brainer, but he really, really isn't.

Fix the o-line with certainty, and move forward to address the rest of the issues on the team.
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Geno Smith.

The question was should, not likely, or will...

Chance Warmack. Just to make Wyndy's head explode.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

I went with Fisher. Need to keep the foundation sound. Mega riser knocks the safer pick from the top spot
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

other - specify:
    trade down to a team that's ga-ga for Geno Smith. take whatever they offer.

A trade down is the best situation without doubt.

If they go Jarvis, do they transition to a 4-3? I hate the idea of Jones at ILB. He can do it, but he's not a #1 overall pick there.

Agreed on Floyd and his short arms. I think he'll be very disruptive as a gap penetrating 4-3 DT, but he's not a Richard Seymour or JJ Watt who can be a true outside pass rusher against top OTs.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Other: Geno Smith

Smith is a franchise QB and the Chiefs don't have one. This is a no-brainer.

Jones just had a worse pro day than Te'o did at the combine

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...eorgia-pro-day
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    Poll results are telling. 3 Chiefs fans have voted. We all hold widely different opinions generally. We have barely discussed it in the KC forum.

All 3 votes: Jarvis Jones.
    That's definitely an interesting result
    What we've got here is failure to communicate....some men you just can't reach

Jones is gone from consideration for this pick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast