Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Team Needs

Ogletree
    Trufant/Williams

The more I think about it I think the Vikes will go D on both picks. I saw one of the NFLN shows last night and Hunter was on there......holy skinny. Dude is scrawny and will have a hard time his first few years IMO. I think they'll pass on WR in round 1.

I could see Hankins, he had a bad senior season but is a big body with athletic ability. With KW likely gone after next year they can't reasonably have Guion/Evans there, although DT is deep this year, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Ogletree
    Trufant/Williams

The more I think about it I think the Vikes will go D on both picks. I saw one of the NFLN shows last night and Hunter was on there......holy skinny. Dude is scrawny and will have a hard time his first few years IMO. I think they'll pass on WR in round 1.

I could see Hankins, he had a bad senior season but is a big body with athletic ability. With KW likely gone after next year they can't reasonably have Guion/Evans there, although DT is deep this year, too.
    I took Hankins and Trufant. I tried to trade back into rd 1 to get Ogletree (couldn't take him earlier, character issues) but Denver took him.

Is there anyone I should try to trade up for? A LB? WR? I just don't like many of these WR's (like mid round ones better)..
    The poster formerly known as
    TEDBROWN23

Ogletree and Reid, WR in the second

It seems clear that they are going to take a MLB in round 1, unless its all a big smokescreen. I think they want Brown but I don't think he'll be there. Chicago is sniffing around pretty hard and is also in need of a MLB.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...oung-at-middle

"We know we have to get one. That's no secret," Singletary said after the Minneapolis Sports Collectible and Autograph Convention in Brooklyn Center on Sunday. "When we do, we just have to teach him as much as we can, as fast as we can. It's going to be a lot of work."

---

"I'd like to believe there's going to be one there for us," Frazier said after the autograph convention. "There's some good players at the linebacker spot, and we have a need to improve our depth and find a middle linebacker. Hopefully, we'll get the right guy."

It's a deep enough draft at the position that the Vikings could find a solution with either the 23rd or 25th overall pick.

"Fortunately, this a good year to draft one," Singletary said. "The kid at Kansas State, Arthur Brown, the kid at Notre Dame (Te'o), the kid at LSU (Kevin Minter), Ogletree, there are a few guys that have good quality. It just depends on how it shakes out."

As he's met with linebacker prospects, Singletary said, he's placed more emphasis on their ability to command 10 other players than on their ability to go to a white board and diagram the Vikings' defense.

My DCFFL draft...

minnesota vikings

1:23 - DT Jonathan Hankins - Ohio State
    1:25 - CB Desmond Trufant- Washington
    2:52 - WR Robert Woods- USC
    3:67 - LB Khaseem Greene- Rutgers
    4:102 - LB Jon Bostic- USC
    5:155 - WR TJ Moe- Missouri
    6:189 - RB Kenjon Barner- Oregon
    7:213 - S Jamorris Slaughter- Notre Dame
    7:214 - TE Michael Williams- Alabama

Read more: http://forums.kffl.com/threads/30397...#ixzz2QoqnWwyX