Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    There's no such thing as "waiting until round 2" if your only QBs are guys like Tarvaris Jackson or Kevin Kolb. You might end up with the 5th QB on the board, and I don't care how unusual this class is, there's a big difference.
    You cannot let PR dictate how you build your team.

That's what losers do.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    They only have 6 picks. If you listen to that taped conversation with their GM, he made it sound like that would be pretty tough. They have lots of holes and can't really afford to do that.
    Depends on what they do in FA. They may have to include a pick from 2014 but they have to come out of this draft with a QB. Maybe they are a candidate to trade into the bottom of the 1st.

A team like the Bills or Cards, if the don't get Geno should wait for Landry Jones.

And the Card should load up on OL before taking Jones so they don't get him killed.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    A team like the Bills or Cards, if the don't get Geno should wait for Landry Jones.

And the Card should load up on OL before taking Jones so they don't get him killed.
    Let's take Pistol Pete out of the former college coaches conversation. Why would the Bills pass on Nassib?

I'll finish on this comment. I don't think Geno is the best QB in the draft. But I think he'd probably be the best fit for the Eagles, Raiders, and maybe 2nd best for the Jaguars ( Glennon would do well there).

This conversation was prior to Fitz's cut and now they have a new Head Coach. I don't disagree - don't like the fans or media dictate the front office - but on the same time there's a conventional logic that the Bills don't have anyone to play QB right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dasher View Post
    Let's take Pistol Pete out of the former college coaches conversation. Why would the Bills pass on Nassib?

I'll finish on this comment. I don't think Geno is the best QB in the draft. But I think he'd probably be the best fit for the Eagles, Raiders, and maybe 2nd best for the Jaguars ( Glennon would do well there).

This conversation was prior to Fitz's cut and now they have a new Head Coach. I don't disagree - don't like the fans or media dictate the front office - but on the same time there's a conventional logic that the Bills don't have anyone to play QB right now.
    Carson Palmer might be unemployed soon.

I'd rather give up 2 picks for Mallet (not even a 1st) than take a bum like Nassib at 8.

- Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    Nas, you and I have been few and far between saying that sort of thing since day one. Just look at the teams. The Bills have one of the worst QB situations in NFL history. The Cardinals aren't far behind. The Jags know they won't win anything with Gabbert. The Raiders are apparently ready to say adios to Palmer. The Eagles aren't running a Kelly offense with Nick Foles, and we know Vick is garbage.

Of course, there aren't 3 QBs worth a pick there, but someone's going to have to reach.
    dead on. Though I could see a few of these guys proving us wrong on their value. Nassib and Barkley especially. Maybe Jones.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

But the point is, if you have a guy rated as someone you think can be your starting QB, how long do you wait to draft him? Why wouldn't you assume someone else has him rated that way, thus forcing you to make sure you get him, earlier rather than never?
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Carson Palmer might be unemployed soon.

I'd rather give up 2 picks for Mallet (not even a 1st) than take a bum like Nassib at 8.
    What don't you like about Nassib?

You cannot let PR dictate how you build your team.

That's what losers do.
    That had nothing to do with PR at all

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    What don't you like about Nassib?

That had nothing to do with PR at all

the comment about the Bills was all about PR.

- Ghandi

Bills take Warmack at 8.

G position just got hammered (lost Levitre and Rhinehart) and at the 41st pick they take Nassib.

Warmack and Glenn on the left side of the OL is a good start....add in Wood as the C and its a start.
    The Leafies are Scumbags.

I'll say it again, this draft is going to be crazy, lots of fun with picks being considered huge reaches and whatnot, more than normal.

I listened to the Kiper/McShay draft talk today (yeah, ESPN sucks, but its something to listen to) and they are convinced that Smith is probably the only QB that goes in the 1st and not that high.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9043146&s=espn

the comment about the Bills was all about PR.
    No it wasn't. They have no QB, so they need one. It was strictly a personnel issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Bills take Warmack at 8.

G position just got hammered (lost Levitre and Rhinehart) and at the 41st pick they take Nassib.

Warmack and Glenn on the left side of the OL is a good start....add in Wood as the C and its a start.
    That would be a smart combination of moves.

Taking an OG at 8 when you area team like Buffalo is massively stupid IMO. They need someone that can make a bigger impact than that. Which is why no team drafting in the top 10 should really ever look at OGs.

Personally, I think Cooper goes ahead of him and Warmack falls into the teens.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    I'll say it again, this draft is going to be crazy, lots of fun with picks being considered huge reaches and whatnot, more than normal.

I listened to the Kiper/McShay draft talk today (yeah, ESPN sucks, but its something to listen to) and they are convinced that Smith is probably the only QB that goes in the 1st and not that high.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9043146&s=espn
    Kiper isn't wrong.
    Neither is McShay.

The GMs don't draft QBs. Owners do.

We've seen EVERY YEAR an owner - for good or bad - push for a QB to be drafted in round 1. Happened with Locker.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast