Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

BOLD PREDICTIONS THREAD - Draft Style

5 Predictions.

1. Chiefs trade no.1 overall to Philadelphia. Eagles take Geno.

2. EJ Manuel goes 1st Round.

3. Jacksonville's no.2 overall pick might be one of the most mind boggling picks of the decade ( perhaps more than Ponder to the Vikings / Locker to the Titans)

4. Tayvon Austin = Top 10.

5. Cowboys draft a Quarterback in Round 1.

I want specifics on 3. I'm not sure who you would consider mind boggling there.

I think they're in a brutal spot with Gabbert still in the fold.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Why would the Eagles trade up for Geno when they don't even want him at #4?
    Chip is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Why would the Eagles trade up for Geno when they don't even want him at #4?
    What kind of absurd post is that? You may think you know the way the team works, but the draft reminds us year after year that all we are is educated fans, not guys in the room where decisions are made. The reality is, the Eagles have recently shown heavy interest in Geno from the highest level, and it's only one of many possible theories that the interest is some elaborate smokescreen attempt.

And if the interest is real, they'd be stupid to rely on him falling to #4 when supposedly the Raiders love him among other teams who could also trade up. Leaving personal opinions at the door, and assuming they want their QBOTF in the form of Geno Smih, if anyone thinks a trade like Philly's #4, Foles and a mid pick for #1 doesn't make sense is just not paying attention. It'd actually be a steal on their part if they think Geno's the guy. And there's one thing we should all know: teams at the top don't make moves as if they expect to be there the next year (and in part, rightfully so, because you can never assume you'll have another top 5 pick to get a QB).

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I want specifics on 3. I'm not sure who you would consider mind boggling there.

I think they're in a brutal spot with Gabbert still in the fold.
    Tayvon Austin or EJ Manuel.

If you are a NEW owner like Kahn you aren't going into an owner's meeting w/ a burned out QB that had 3 head coaches within his rookie cintract. Gabbert has been criticized by everyone and still has an injured forearm.

Mike Mularkey was hired for 1 reason - improve the play of Gabbert. That didn't happen. Time to move on.....

Quote Originally Posted by dasher View Post
    3. Jacksonville's no.2 overall pick might be one of the most mind boggling picks of the decade ( perhaps more than Ponder to the Vikings / Locker to the Titans)
    Yet, it wouldn't even be their most mind-boggling pick in the 2010s...

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    Yet, it wouldn't even be their most mind-boggling pick in the 2010s...
    Austin - no. But when most of the nation listens to Kiper over Mayock, EJ Manuel will probably be the story of the day.
    He's really the only QB in the draft that had a good-if-not-great season season and he was at his best near the end.

Flynn staying in Seattle, Moore in Miami, and Mallett supposedly commanding the same compensation that Alex Smith had....
    sort of makes me wonder if this draft is going to look similar to last years.

I love making fun of the Jags, but even they're not dumb enough to take a 5'8 slot receiver #2 overall.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Manuel I could see, but I definitely wouldn't consider it mind blowing. I don't agree with the idea that most listen to Kiper over Mayock either.

I really think 2 or 3 QBs are going to go in the top 10 one way or another.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Nas, you and I have been few and far between saying that sort of thing since day one. Just look at the teams. The Bills have one of the worst QB situations in NFL history. The Cardinals aren't far behind. The Jags know they won't win anything with Gabbert. The Raiders are apparently ready to say adios to Palmer. The Eagles aren't running a Kelly offense with Nick Foles, and we know Vick is garbage.

Of course, there aren't 3 QBs worth a pick there, but someone's going to have to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    Nas, you and I have been few and far between saying that sort of thing since day one. Just look at the teams. The Bills have one of the worst QB situations in NFL history. The Cardinals aren't far behind. The Jags know they won't win anything with Gabbert. The Raiders are apparently ready to say adios to Palmer. The Eagles aren't running a Kelly offense with Nick Foles, and we know Vick is garbage.

Of course, there aren't 3 QBs worth a pick there, but someone's going to have to reach.
    whoever waits until round 2 though will be getting a better bargain and quite possibly a superior player.

- Ghandi

I think EJ Manuel has a legit shot at going to Buffalo after AZ takes Barkley. There just aren't any real projectable QBs. Its hard for me to see Nassib that high and Glennon is a mechanical mess with his footwork as well as mistakes under pressure.

Fitzcrap is gone so they've got to take one high.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    whoever waits until round 2 though will be getting a better bargain and quite possibly a superior player.
    There's no such thing as "waiting until round 2" if your only QBs are guys like Tarvaris Jackson or Kevin Kolb. You might end up with the 5th QB on the board, and I don't care how unusual this class is, there's a big difference.

I think there's a very strong chance the Bills trade up to take a QB. They pretty much have to at this point. EJ Manuel is 2nd round at the earliest, and the next QB taken after Geno won't be until the bottom of the first round when teams who passed at the top of the 1st trade back into the bottom to take one there.

Quote Originally Posted by LASam View Post
    I think there's a very strong chance the Bills trade up to take a QB. They pretty much have to at this point. EJ Manuel is 2nd round at the earliest, and the next QB taken after Geno won't be until the bottom of the first round when teams who passed at the top of the 1st trade back into the bottom to take one there.
    They only have 6 picks. If you listen to that taped conversation with their GM, he made it sound like that would be pretty tough. They have lots of holes and can't really afford to do that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast