Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    No value in most of these guys.....Kaepernick to Welker? I don't think so...
    Nice to see half your team is going to be dis-mantled in free agency. But hey, you just gave your QB 20+ mil a year when there were questions if he was even going to be kept.

I wonder if he will earn that money when your team goes 7-9 next year. Not even the refs can help you out again.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    I think Wallace makes a hell of a lot of sense for the Dolphins.

I cannot fathom why the Browns would have the slightest interest in Welker. Who else does his agent represent?

Like I said in the draft forum, I really hope they land Kruger or Avril. I wouldn't mind stealing Ellerbe from the Ravens either.
    A security blanket type is arguably the thing that offense lacks most other than a QB. I don't think they are going to draft their franchise QB this year(assuming Weeden doesn't become that), so you might as well make life easy on Weeden,Mccoy or whoever else holds down the fort for now.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

There is a need, but Welker will be 32, and the Browns should not expect to compete this year, so spending that type of $ on a guy that doesn't help them long-term would be moronic. If they're going to sign a WR from NE, it would make a lot more sense to take a chance on Edelman. I also think David Nelson or Kevin Ogletree could be good options, if the price is right.

I'd rather see them go with quantity at WR, and if they're going to spend big on offense, do it at TE and/or RG. Although, based on the lack of FA rumors regarding a TE, I can only assume they're planning to give Cameron another year.
    Last edited by Xulu Bak; 03-10-2013 at 02:45 PM.

ATL is going to be tough if and when they sign Steven Jackson. Tony Gonzalez has informed people he will be back.

They need to fix that D though and I dont think they will have any money after signing those two guys.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakic19 View Post
    ATL is going to be tough if and when they sign Steven Jackson. Tony Gonzalez has informed people he will be back.

They need to fix that D though and I dont think they will have any money after signing those two guys.
    That's not an easy task for them given their cap and where they're picking. They got rid of their best pass rusher and have a lot of holes on that defense.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith & Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders

Harvin traded to the Seahawks.

Jay Glazer ‏ @ JayGlazer
    The Seahawks and Vikings have agreed to a trade that send Harvin to Seattle for draft picks, pending Harvin passing a physical

Quote Originally Posted by Genus49 View Post
    That's not an easy task for them given their cap and where they're picking. They got rid of their best pass rusher and have a lot of holes on that defense.
    The best way to bargain shop IMO is to go with the platoon role.

The good news for them is it sounds like Gonzo will be back so they really don't need to focus on offense with that first round pick.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

IMO the Seahawks are now the favorite for the SB in the NFC.

Harvin and Sherman in practice should be funny.

Be interesting to see the contract he gets. Reports were he wanted $15m/year. For the lulz.

SF still has the most talented roster IMO.

But they were really banged up by the end of the year and clearly were worn down by the end of the year. If they repeat that again, Seattle definitely can take them.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    Harvin and Sherman in practice should be funny.

Be interesting to see the contract he gets. Reports were he wanted $15m/year. For the lulz.
    Both of them end up punching each other in the face?

Vikes are pursuing Jennings now.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Harvin traded to the Seahawks.

Jay Glazer ‏ @ JayGlazer
    The Seahawks and Vikings have agreed to a trade that send Harvin to Seattle for draft picks, pending Harvin passing a physical
    Awesome.

Wonder what the compensation is.

I would hope your 1st. That division is going to rough IMO. Vikes need to sign Jennings now, even if its an overpay.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    IMO the Seahawks are now the favorite for the SB in the NFC.
    Until we improve our pass rush, I don't see us as the favorite.

It was already mediocre last year and we lost our only premier pass rusher for the first 6 weeks (most likely).

While it's a big loss for the Vikings, *IF* they can land a premier WR in free agency, that's good asset management. Jennings/Wallace plus picks > Harvin.

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast