Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Thread

FA Thread

Teams can negotiate with players from other teams at midnight, 3 days before they can officially sign them, never understood that.

So far I've read that Minnesota and Miami seem to be the leading candidates for Pittsburgh's Mike Wallace.

Dashon Goldson to either Philadelphia or Cincy and he's probably going to get Eric Weddle $$$$.

Guys like Andy Levitre, Andre Smith, and Paul Kruger are going to get $8 - $9M/yr.

Steven Jackson still wants to be a starter.

Greg Jennings wants $10-$12M/yr.

Teams with the most cap space are Cleveland, Miami, Indy, Cincy (aka the small market teams).
    You're either continuing to get better, or you're getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by sfranfan View Post
    So far I've read that Minnesota and Miami seem to be the leading candidates for Pittsburgh's Mike Wallace.
    Even more so than most very good WRs, I think Wallace is dependent on a good QB. I think he'll struggle in either of these places.

Dashon Goldson to either Philadelphia or Cincy and he's probably going to get Eric Weddle $$$$.
    I don't think 9ers fans realized it at the time, but the team made a choice between Bowman and Goldson a couple months ago. I think they made the right one.

Guys like Andy Levitre, Andre Smith, and Paul Kruger are going to get $8 - $9M/yr.
    Sounds about right.

Steven Jackson still wants to be a starter.
    As he should. Atlanta is a perfect scenario for him, IMO. The Packers' and Lions' RB problems are much bigger than their RBs, IMO.

Greg Jennings wants $10-$12M/yr.
    Someone should tell Greg Jennings that it's good to want things.

Teams with the most cap space are Cleveland, Miami, Indy, Cincy (aka the small market teams).
    I can't imagine it was by design (the players pushed for it), but the "salary floor" in the CBA is going to end up pushing a team or two to Los Angeles in the next five years.
    Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.

Cleveland and Miami aren't "small market teams." Cincy and Indy are though.

Dunta Robinson has signed with the Chiefs.

According to reports, the 49ers, Cowpies and Brownies have contacted
    Wes Welker's agent.

Conversely, the Iggles have contacted Dashon Goldson's agent.
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

I think the Dolphins are either using this Mike Wallace thing as a smokescreen because everyone and their mother thought Greg Jennings was a no-brainer for them, or they really are going to grossly overpay a guy who isn't going to fix the team's glaring offensive deficiencies by himself.

I guess it would be vintage Dolphins for the team to just sign one fast guy and think that that somehow addresses the fact that the offense was quite aptly described by Mike Mayock as "playing like it's in the redzone across the entire field." He goes down with a knee injury and we're back to watching Davone Bess try to stretch the field running a 4.9 forty.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe
    Brady has led Super Bowl teams to last-minute victories. Boller has led his team into the cafeteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man River View Post
    Dunta Robinson has signed with the Chiefs.
    After visiting the Broncos.

3-year deal, should be fairly cheap. Strictly a depth signing, at least I hope so. Some are saying he might play safety, that'd be interesting. He's getting long in the tooth at corner, but can still play the run.

Chiefs can't stop getting linked to Sean Smith, even after this. I don't know about I feel about it. I was higher on him than anyone else coming out, and he's got the talent and flashed it, but raging inconsistency. Certainly wouldn't want to pay absurd money for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Complaints Dept View Post
    I think the Dolphins are either using this Mike Wallace thing as a smokescreen because everyone and their mother thought Greg Jennings was a no-brainer for them, or they really are going to grossly overpay a guy who isn't going to fix the team's glaring offensive deficiencies by himself.

I guess it would be vintage Dolphins for the team to just sign one fast guy and think that that somehow addresses the fact that the offense was quite aptly described by Mike Mayock as "playing like it's in the redzone across the entire field." He goes down with a knee injury and we're back to watching Davone Bess try to stretch the field running a 4.9 forty.
    I don't know if it fixes everything(and losing Bush hurts in that department), but I don't see why you wouldn't want to start there. YOu have a ton of cap space and draft picks. He doesn't have to be the only guy you add.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Dre View Post
    According to reports, the 49ers, Cowpies and Brownies have contacted
    Wes Welker's agent.

Conversely, the Iggles have contacted Dashon Goldson's agent.
    Damm. The 49ers are continuing to be aggressive and Dallas has money.

No value in most of these guys.....Kaepernick to Welker? I don't think so...
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I don't know if it fixes everything(and losing Bush hurts in that department), but I don't see why you wouldn't want to start there. YOu have a ton of cap space and draft picks. He doesn't have to be the only guy you add.
    Wallace for 10M would be a fine start for Miami. And if they can't land their OT in the 1st round, they can try to get someone like Patterson. I also hope we come away with Swope on Day 2. He'd then replace Bess as a slot guy when he 's a FA in 2014.

Maybe Baalke is trying to drive up the price on NE so SF can land Talib! Smokescreen, Welker needs Brady like the Sun needs Hydrogen
    Paraag MaraTHE MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    No value in most of these guys.....Kaepernick to Welker? I don't think so...
    I doubt the 49ers will pay what Welker will get and I know you have this thing with Kaepernick but what exactly makes you think he can't do a good job throwing to Welker?
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith & Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders

Last I heard Jennings wanted between 12-14 mill a year
    "All that is necessary for the
    forces of evil to triumph is for enough good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

I think Wallace makes a hell of a lot of sense for the Dolphins.

I cannot fathom why the Browns would have the slightest interest in Welker. Who else does his agent represent?

Like I said in the draft forum, I really hope they land Kruger or Avril. I wouldn't mind stealing Ellerbe from the Ravens either.

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast