Burl Ives?
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Predicto View Post
    Alex Jones?

FWFW took the guns.
    Superbelt took the guns.
    Flyerhawk took the guns.

1776 will rise again if you try to take away our guns!

Sometimes Alex Jones is great entertainment. If he just didn't do this stuff and lose control and if he didn't get into 'new age' kook-ville stuff, and if he just stuck to the core truths of some of his content, he would be more trusted and would get backing by reasonable people. There are people who work for Infowars who are quality people, who are serious reporters and have legitimate stories. Alex Jones then jumps out with his frothing mouth rants & 'new age' fodder then turns reasonable people off.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

TLC, agreed on Jones, but hopefully you see the irony of your statement.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    Freemason / Mormon / Scientologist / Knight Templar / Jew / banker
    You are correct on one of your words/phrases but it is not the answer to the riddle.

The rest of the words may or may not be applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    TLC, agreed on Jones, but hopefully you see the irony of your statement.
    Jones is a walking contradiction. There are times where he can be eloquent and spot on in analysis and then there are times where he goes off into unexplained points or waxes spiritual or erupts into tirades. If Jones could focus on the former and stay away from the latter, he would have been successful in getting the most important and relevant pieces across to the masses by now. There is evidence behind much of his more serious points, but people just can't get past his blustering and moments of incoherence.

I don't think there is any "irony" behind my analysis. I just explained that Alex Jones is a contradictory mix of facts and sometimes spot-on analysis, then.....he.....blows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguilas verdes View Post
    You are correct on one of your words/phrases but it is not the answer to the riddle.

The rest of the words may or may not be applicable.
    Okay, we know that it's a single word or phrase that's applicable, not two, so we can start eliminating right away from here.

Knights Templar and Freemasons have considerable overlap, so we can eliminate both of them.

So too with bankers and Jews. A Jew who is not a banker? A banker who is not a jew? Not if it's something Aguilas is interested in! Those are out too.

That leaves us with Mormon and Scientologist. Scientology didn't start until the 1950s, so through the power of deduction, we are talking Mormon stuff. Joseph Smith. Blammo.

QED.
    Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.

Quote Originally Posted by PopeyeJones View Post
    Okay, we know that it's a single word or phrase that's applicable, not two, so we can start eliminating right away from here.

Knights Templar and Freemasons have considerable overlap, so we can eliminate both of them.

So too with bankers and Jews. A Jew who is not a banker? A banker who is not a jew? Not if it's something Aguilas is interested in! Those are out too.

That leaves us with Mormon and Scientologist. Scientology didn't start until the 1950s, so through the power of deduction, we are talking Mormon stuff. Joseph Smith. Blammo.

QED.
    All I said that one is correct, but needs a better answer. APF was really close. To cite Alex Trebek "be more specific". I can't say where APF was right or wrong as it would be too revealing IMO.

Thus, I wouldn't discount anything.

To make it easier, 8 letters. It may or may not have the definitive article "the" before it.

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlecheese View Post
    Jones is a walking contradiction. There are times where he can be eloquent and spot on in analysis and then there are times where he goes off into unexplained points or waxes spiritual or erupts into tirades. If Jones could focus on the former and stay away from the latter, he would have been successful in getting the most important and relevant pieces across to the masses by now. There is evidence behind much of his more serious points, but people just can't get past his blustering and moments of incoherence.

I don't think there is any "irony" behind my analysis. I just explained that Alex Jones is a contradictory mix of facts and sometimes spot-on analysis, then.....he.....blows it.
    Its just funny because I once mentioned to you that you might have a decent point here and there and you'd get it across from time to time if you skipped the mouth foaming rants. Your respone was, "That's my style though". Just sayin'...
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Its just funny because I once mentioned to you that you might have a decent point here and there and you'd get it across from time to time if you skipped the mouth foaming rants. Your respone was, "That's my style though". Just sayin'...
    I only get upset when people get insulting when I lay out tons of facts, make a great article. Then yeah, I'll call them knuckleheads. That doesn't change the facts being debated at the time.

The difference between me and Alex Jones is that I'm not heavily religious and I don't talk about the odd 'new age' things that Jones puts on his show. Those are the areas where Jones loses me. I can kind of put the whole 'God' thing aside as that's part of culture but there are some areas he gets into that are silly. Alex needs to take a cue from his staff and keep the facts on the discussion and be reasonable with those facts.

One thing Alex has done which our media has failed to do, is get video, audio and documents of elected leaders and powerful globalists and display them for all to see and then goes about exposing their agenda. But he's only 'fair' at doing this. He is not very articulate and gets carried away then loses people.

I'm not sure if you are a Rothschild or the Original Hustler himself, but your Great Grandson is Larry Flynt.
    Gang Way!

Reading the description I just figured the answer was "The GOP"... Oh well..
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

So what the hell was the answer

Ann-Margret.
    "No two people on Earth are alike, and it's got to be that way in music or else it isn't music."—Billie Holliday

So what the hell was the answer
    APF was the closest with Free Mason and Knight Templar.

This was a hard one I admit. But also thought the most innocent sounding clues were too easy, as in favorite color red and I wear a hat. Nobody wears a hat except for these "clowns". Said hat is by far the most ridiculous hat on the planet.

The answer to the riddle is SHRINERS (or) THE SHRINERS, as in specifically those 32nd degree masons who run around with their RED FEZES, driving little cars, having parades, dressing like clowns, getting drunk while totally showing a complete disregard to their official doctrine of "sobriety"and giving puny checks to charities while patting themselves on the backs about how they do wonderful things for their fellow man. Said another way, as hollow and false as what they practice and preach. Fake. A cheap imposter like their 2nd rate god who was cast out of heaven. As fake as the golden calf or the 30 foot bohemian grove owl.

Coincidentally I should point out that both The Shriners and the cult known as Bohemian Grove both started in 1872. Did I mention that in order to become a Shriner, you have to give your allegiance to ... ALLAH?

Here is one such Shriner with his red fez attending one of his Luciferian meetings and admitting he worships the devil ...

I'm disappointed.
    Although it is said that our faith concerns matters which are obscure, the reasons for embracing the faith are not obscure but on the contrary are clearer than any natural light.
    -Descartes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast