Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Vince Young sends apology letter to Jeff Fisher

"Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I don't really feel like it was my game. I just really feel like [it was] some of the off-the-field issues," Young said. "I really feel like teams don't want their quarterback to be in a position where they're distracted. I was young at the time and I put my trust in a lot of people. I was getting taken advantage of. Basically I'm the victim of the situation. Just got to clean up that mess, just to let teams know I'm a little bit more mature than I used to be. I've grown a whole lot."
    Still in denial.

In crayon, no doubt.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

He still claims he is a victim of the situation... Tells me all I need to know.

Dude still doesn't get it.

Spot on. That's what stood out to me too when I read that.

He was on NFL-AM this morning, the wife was watching the interview with me (he was on the phone). When it was done, before I could say anything, she said "Amazing, he blamed everyone else--he was the victim. Who was he again?"

Yah, you are definitely waiting for him to say something like "Man, I was an immature A-hole".

I really just posted this for Q though haha
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

He shouldn't of bowed down to Fisher's triflin ass.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

I heard he sent an apology to Chili's too...he let them down. If he merely spent money there instead of the more expensive Cheesecake Factory, he might have made it a little longer.

That's one crappy apology.

"I was a victim". Yes, poor Vince. You had it so tough being picked high in the draft with all that money and the opportunity to start. What a joker.

How come you guys are leaving out this part?

He said during his time with the Titans he was "immature and not paying attention and not listening, and taking my frustration out on a lot of people wasn't the right thing to do."
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Because his other comments about him being a victim clearly shows that there has been little to no maturity (which was his biggest problem), which make his few nice quotes seem fraudulent.

I guess he can no longer afford a competent PR person. It makes me all giddy when I hear apologies from people who basically shoot themselves in the foot and reveal they are really only sorry things didn't go their way. He must have gone to the Lance Armstrong school of apologetics there at U/Texas Austin, same home town, same Bat Chanel.
    Gang Way!

He is not the evil person that Armstrong is., the only life he has ruined was his own. But he is equally despicable for so many reasons.. F Vince Young, Jeff Fisher had it right years ago and obviously nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Davekn View Post
    He is not the evil person that Armstrong is., the only life he has ruined was his own. But he is equally despicable for so many reasons.. F Vince Young, Jeff Fisher had it right years ago and obviously nothing has changed.
    I'd pretty much agree with that, Dave. I can't help but wonder - we'll never know - but I wonder what would have happened if he had been picked by Houston who, IIRC, had a shot at him with the #1 pick but they took the DE Mario Williams from NC State.

I think Houston is Young's hometown. I wonder if he'd have melted down quicker there, or about the same or not at all. Clearly things didn't work well for him in Tennessee, and while I'm not absolving him (I have nothing to absolve him for nor was I involved and able to make any kind of assessment) but we must remember it Takes Two To Tango. Tennessee/Fischer probably tried everything, and other QB's before and since Vince haven't had those problems under Fischer. Was there any antidote they didn't try, or were their methods of 'fixing Vince' just not doable with Vince? Ultimately it was up to Vince to get his act together. It's a shame, kind of, in that he showed flashes of being an All-Pro. I seem to recall he had a rather rough childhood. Maybe all that fame/money so fast was too much for him to handle.
    Gang Way!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast