Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Someone is taking him in the top 4 for sure.
    Honestly, trading down with either Oakland or Philly is the best case for KC IMO.

I personally would take Floyd since Tyson Jackson is probably a sunk cost, but even at 4 they could get Millner most likely.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

We'll probably see QBs reached for again. Buffalo's GM was caught talking about how Fitz is a backup and that means they are likely to draft a QB in round 1. Barkley goes top 10, maybe Buffalo pulls a Ponder and takes one of Wilson, Glennon, etc there.

Plenty of smokescreen possibilities right now, too. Oakland could talk Geno up so Philly trades up to 1 and pushes Floyd or someone else down to them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 QBs go top 10 or so. Including Nassib to Buffalo.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I think the Steelers will almost definitely take a OLB in the first two rounds now. I don't think they have a lot of faith in Jason Worilds, and they probably shouldn't. Even if he plays well, he gets hurt a lot. It's also a contract year, so if he plays really well, he'll leave for greener pastures monetarily.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 QBs go top 10 or so. Including Nassib to Buffalo.
    God. You'd think these franchises in the NFCE are betting on the Pats to win the division every year. That would just be brutal.

How many guys arne't good QBs in college and suddenly become franchise NFL QBs?
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

AFter this Welker heist, I bet the Pats will be trying to go get Tavon in the draft. They'll probably have to leap over the Vikings to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    God. You'd think these franchises in the NFCE are betting on the Pats to win the division every year. That would just be brutal.

How many guys arne't good QBs in college and suddenly become franchise NFL QBs?
    Thing is, most of these guys were good QBs. Barkley was very good before this year, Nassib has been pretty damn good 2 years in a row and is a 4 year starter who is known for having great intangibles(arguably the most important trait in a franchise QB), Manuel has some pretty bad tape, but has a lot of numbers and wins in college. Glennon is debatable. He was stuck behind Wilson, then had little to work with for an OL and WRs. His numbers weren't too different from guys like Ryan and Flacco.

I'm not saying I love them all, but they weren't Denard Robinson either :)
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by BobbleHead View Post
    AFter this Welker heist, I bet the Pats will be trying to go get Tavon in the draft. They'll probably have to leap over the Vikings to do so.
    They did get Amendola. They might want a bigger guy for their speed needs.

They did get Amendola. They might want a bigger guy for their speed needs.
    That's true. I'd much rather have Welker when you consider their ability and what they were paid. I can't believe NE didn't re-up him. I didn't know they signed Amendola when I posted that.

Thing is, most of these guys were good QBs. Barkley was very good before this year, Nassib has been pretty damn good 2 years in a row and is a 4 year starter who is known for having great intangibles(arguably the most important trait in a franchise QB), Manuel has some pretty bad tape, but has a lot of numbers and wins in college. Glennon is debatable. He was stuck behind Wilson, then had little to work with for an OL and WRs. His numbers weren't too different from guys like Ryan and Flacco.

I'm not saying I love them all, but they weren't Denard Robinson either :)
    Nassib was decent, mostly beating up on the bad defenses though.

Glennon was kind of a compiler IMO. Great for fantasy, but not so much in real life. he just simply threw a ton. And didn't get better from jr to sr year.

Manuel probably gets a slightly bad rap for being an underachiever in college. He's still more of a project than i'd like in round 1.

Barkley was a good college QB though. Just more physically limited than the rest of them.

- Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Nassib was decent, mostly beating up on the bad defenses though.

Glennon was kind of a compiler IMO. Great for fantasy, but not so much in real life. he just simply threw a ton. And didn't get better from jr to sr year.

Manuel probably gets a slightly bad rap for being an underachiever in college. He's still more of a project than i'd like in round 1.

Barkley was a good college QB though. Just more physically limited than the rest of them.
    Sure, but its not Nassib's fault he played bad Ds. I haven't heard one major knock on him yet. He's supposedly very smart, hard working and high character, he's accurate, he ran a pro style and he has reasonable arm strength(not elite but better than Barkley)

Barkley is very solid, but probably limited. Could be an Andy Dalton type, could be a Christian Ponder, or even AJ Feeley. Hard to say.

Glennon is another tough call. Best combination of arm talent and intanbibles in the draft, but his footwork as a taller QB is always going to be a worry and he sometimes shows bad decision making.

Sure, but its not Nassib's fault he played bad Ds. I haven't heard one major knock on him yet. He's supposedly very smart, hard working and high character, he's accurate, he ran a pro style and he has reasonable arm strength(not elite but better than Barkley)

Barkley is very solid, but probably limited. Could be an Andy Dalton type, could be a Christian Ponder, or even AJ Feeley. Hard to say.

Glennon is another tough call. Best combination of arm talent and intanbibles in the draft, but his footwork as a taller QB is always going to be a worry and he sometimes shows bad decision making.
    Nassib wasn't really that accurate. He was sub 60% for a large portion of his career, and he got worse as this past year went on. Begging the question how much of it was hitting open receivers against bad teams compared to struggling vs. better competition.

I really want to like Glennon. He has the same problem Mallet has in overestimating his arm strength (despite both having howitzers). They think they can throw it past everyone. I like the confidence, but sometimes the arrogance does them in. You're right that having a bad supporting cast did not help him. But he also has shoddy footwork. Granted he could probably fix that with some decent QB coaching.

I think Barkley is better than Dalton tbh. So i guess that would give him a 1st round grade. Arm strength is probably the 2nd easiest thing to improve as a QB (after footwork) so that could help him out. It's just hard to say since he threw to a loaded offense (i'm not gonna blame him for having an awful defense).

- Ghandi

Arm strength can be improved, and some have done it. However, it doesn't happen very often(I mean, its not like Chad Pennington wasn't a hard worker, for one good example) and there's still a ceiling for how much improvement can be made.

And also, timing and good ball placement can cover up for a significant part of that deficiency.

- Ghandi

No doubt, but eventually you have to fit the ball into tight windows against good defenses.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast