Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Considering this draft's talent and fit with the chiefs, if you trade all the way down to 7 with AZ, you might as well trade back to 12 (via MIA) and take either Warmack or Cooper.

Give Smith an absolute Wall of an OL and you add like 3-4 extra picks in the process of moving down.
    I don't see Miami having the dire need to move up. Arizona might decide they do though, whether for Geno or Joeckel/Fisher. Damn I'd love to see a Central Michigan guy go #1.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I don't see Miami having the dire need to move up. Arizona might decide they do though, whether for Geno or Joeckel/Fisher. Damn I'd love to see a Central Michigan guy go #1.
    There's 3 really good OTs in this draft. Miami and AZ both need one of them IMO.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

There's 3 really good OTs in this draft. Miami and AZ both need one of them IMO.
    Their GM sounded like he wanted to keep Long, but even if they don't, I don't think they need to go first round OT, unless its by far best value. I definitely don't see them moving up for one. I could be wrong though, depending how they feel about Martin as well as the OTs in this draft. If they feel Martin can play LT, then they can look for a RT later or in free agency.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I cannot see Arizona trading up unless it's for Geno Smith. I don't think there's enough separating the three OTs to justify trading up for one over another, and I don't see much chance of all three going before the 7th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    I cannot see Arizona trading up unless it's for Geno Smith. I don't think there's enough separating the three OTs to justify trading up for one over another, and I don't see much chance of all three going before the 7th pick.

If Arizona is targeting a Tackle, I could see them panicking if 2 go in the top 3 or 4. I think Philly will get 1 at 4. I think you're right, though. I think they stay put. They also have a lot of holes to fill, including finding someone for that horrible O line to protect.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    Yah, I think it would have to be someone jumping Arizona. I guess it could be Miami, but I'm thinking more like St.Louis or San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Yah, I think it would have to be someone jumping Arizona. I guess it could be Miami, but I'm thinking more like St.Louis or San Diego.
    To be frank, Bruce Arians is starting his very late HC career without a QB. If Geno has a solid Pro Day why shouldn't they make a play for no.1 overall?

The Jags have also seemed to be too quiet. Ownership wanted Blackmon and paid for him.... Do they just want Henne throwing to him?

Arizona is a team that I never thought would trade up. There's 3 OTs that would be value at 7 and I think they're willing to give Hoyer 1 year due to it being such an awful class.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by dasher View Post
    To be frank, Bruce Arians is starting his very late HC career without a QB. If Geno has a solid Pro Day why shouldn't they make a play for no.1 overall?

The Jags have also seemed to be too quiet. Ownership wanted Blackmon and paid for him.... Do they just want Henne throwing to him?
    The Jags have come out in support of Gabbert a few times this offseason, which I find puzzling. They should be looking for a QB. However, I"m thinking they wait until the first pick of round 2. Barkley,Nassib,Jones and Glennon are all potential options there.

I mentioned Geno as a potential trade target for Arizona. Makes a lot of sense to me. If I"m KC, I make it cheap. Give me a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year and its a done deal. This isn't an RG3 situation, if you hold out for too much, they'll pass.

Arizona is a team that I never thought would trade up. There's 3 OTs that would be value at 7 and I think they're willing to give Hoyer 1 year due to it being such an awful class.
    Agreed on the OTs, but they're idiots if they go with Hoyer. He's terrible, they can do better and they need to give Larry F a damn QB who can get him the ball.

Mayock has now elevated EJ Manuel to #2 in his QB rankings, this probably reflects chatter he is hearing amongst GMs and scouts

Thoughts?
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

He's a bit of a safe pick IMO actually, but with limited upside. Jason Campbell comes to mind. He has a lot of similarities to Jake Locker as a prospect actually. I liked Locker as a prospect, but he certainly hasn't been great to this point. He's a very good character/work ethic guy, so that would make me more likely to take a chance on him. He's an early 2nd rounder type to me. I wouldn't take him top 10 if I were a team like Buffalo or Arizona or anything.

Limited upside? ... Big if, but if it clicks upstairs, the guy could be the best QB in football from a skill-set standpoint.

I don't think the Campbell comparison is a good one, Campbell was never very good and was limited at PSU, the Redskins just suck at drafting.

He reminds me of Gabbert but with more athletic ability. Gabbert was drafted because of his physical tools, not because he was putting up monster numbers or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    Limited upside? ... Big if, but if it clicks upstairs, the guy could be the best QB in football from a skill-set standpoint.
    I get why you say that, as he has the physical tools and good intangibles, but I don't think it will ever fully click upstairs and I don't think he's capable of being accurate. That's something you can't really fix at this level. I'm aware he had a high completion percentage, but the man just does not throw an accurate ball. Also I think as a QB, the game slows down for the best ones and that clearly doesn't happen for Manuel. His upside isn't limited for the usual reasons, but I still think it is. I don't think he has potential to be better than average.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    I don't think the Campbell comparison is a good one, Campbell was never very good and was limited at PSU, the Redskins just suck at drafting.

He reminds me of Gabbert but with more athletic ability. Gabbert was drafted because of his physical tools, not because he was putting up monster numbers or anything.
    Campbell went to Auburn. Its funny I didn't look before I made the comparison, but their college stats are actually pretty damn similar. Also, I don't think Manuel is more athletic than Gabbert fwiw.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast