Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

2013 pre-draft thoughts

The combine is over and the other thread is about QBs, so I thought I'd start another one.

Brandon Albert franchised in KC.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...ing-cb-at-no-1

Chiefs could be thinking CB at No. 1

The top 3 looks very interesting. Chiefs should be more open than past #1s (i.e. insert top QB), Jags look wide open at #2, and the Raiders need help everywhere.

It needs to hurry up and be April 25th already.

I don't think the Chiefs are thinking CB1. I think for once, a GM might have been honest about the draft, when Dorsey said BPA or trade. If that ends up being Millner, then they could go that direction, but I don't think they're targeting anyone at this point.

One thing is for sure in my mind and has been since day one - an OT is not the best player in this class. Notice I don't say a name - since no one even knows who the best OT is, nevermind that either OT is the best player in the draft. And for that matter, I damn sure don't think "that Alabama guy on the OL" is the best, either. Nor the other OG who's supposedly just as good according to many. Frickin OL get overrated every year.

For my money it's Jarvis Jones. But I can see an argument for Milliner. They were better, more productive college players and have better athleticism (relative to their position).

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    It needs to hurry up and be April 25th already.
    Its snowing 10 inches. Yeah, it needs to be end of April.....

If one Lane Johnson is on the board at 10 like most have him right now, my guess is Tenn and Miami swap picks.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    If one Lane Johnson is on the board at 10 like most have him right now, my guess is Tenn and Miami swap picks.
    I'd be cool with that, provided TEN would take our 3rd rounder we got from CHI and nothing higher.

Someone is going to trade up for a LT in this draft one way or another.

I'm not sure it'd even cost a 3rd to get from 12 to 10. A mid second got Dallas from 13 to 5 last year.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Someone is going to trade up for a LT in this draft one way or another.

I'm not sure it'd even cost a 3rd to get from 12 to 10. A mid second got Dallas from 13 to 5 last year.
    I hope a 4th rounder would do but MIA might not be the only ones trying to trade up to get their LT. Chicago might be willing to offer up a better backage to go from #20 to #10, however they don't have a 3rd rounder right now.

Reid loves to trade down. Hopefully KC somehow manages to trade down 4-5-6 spots for an early 3rd. I don't care if it's underpayment according to a very outdated chart, KC could take a bunch of guys in that range that aren't far off #1. If Arizona floated their early 3rd and 5th, I'd take it I think.

At the same time, if they like any of them, its not worth it. THey don't need a ton of depth.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Considering this draft's talent and fit with the chiefs, if you trade all the way down to 7 with AZ, you might as well trade back to 12 (via MIA) and take either Warmack or Cooper.

Give Smith an absolute Wall of an OL and you add like 3-4 extra picks in the process of moving down.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    At the same time, if they like any of them, its not worth it. THey don't need a ton of depth.
    On the contrary, they have a good amount of top-end talent, but glaring individual holes at RDE, ILB and CB, and quite possibly decent-sized holes at WR2, TE and safety. An extra 3rd goes a lot way to filling one of those spots while a top 10 pick can sort another.

I'm all in favour of the #1 pick if the guy stands out, but I don't know how the regime sees it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    On the contrary, they have a good amount of top-end talent, but glaring individual holes at RDE, ILB and CB, and quite possibly decent-sized holes at WR2, TE and safety. An extra 3rd goes a lot way to filling one of those spots while a top 10 pick can sort another.

I'm all in favour of the #1 pick if the guy stands out, but I don't know how the regime sees it.
    Sure, but its more of a question of whether there are 4 or 5 guys they like at that point. If all of them are gone, thats an issue.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast