Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Falcons release everyone

Or at least Turner, Robinson and Abraham.

Mostly broke dicks, but Abraham has just a little bit left in the tank if he comes cheap enough.

I think these are all smart moves by the Falcons.

They won't really miss any except maybe Abraham. All way past their prime and probably have a couple years left IF someone picks them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    I think these are all smart moves by the Falcons.
    +2....

Like NSB said above...when Abraham is healthy...he's effective...
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

I don't really understand releasing Abraham unless they just absolutely had to. Not that he's phenomenal at this stage of his career, but they have quite literally no outside pass rush now.
    “I spent a lot of money on booze, women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” -- George Best

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNBlue View Post
    I don't really understand releasing Abraham unless they just absolutely had to. Not that he's phenomenal at this stage of his career, but they have quite literally no outside pass rush now.
    Perhaps they're prepping to make a run at Avril or Michael Johnson (if he isn't tagged).

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNBlue View Post

$$$

They have Sam Baker, Brett Grimes and William Moore to try and re-sign. Hope they don't tag Moore, I want him in Frisco.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

They better get themselves some pass rushers.

John Abraham at 35 wasn't about to give you much, especially for the dollars. Good moves by them to clean up their cap. Supposedly they like Talib as well as wanting to keep their own free agents. They need 2-3 DEs too. AT least one will likely be their first roudner.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

To be fair, some teams just operate in a vacuum. If a player isn't worth his money, boom, he's gone.

Hell the Pats do it all the time. They're probably the most notorious team doing it.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    John Abraham at 35 wasn't about to give you much, .
    That's a bit relative to what the people replacing him can give you.
    “I spent a lot of money on booze, women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” -- George Best

Sure, but I don't think you can justfiy spending what they saved to find out. Nobody would be pushing them to spend 5 mil or so on Abraham if he had played for someone else last year.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Nobody would be pushing them to spend 5 mil or so on Abraham if he had played for someone else last year.
    I don't know. Guy still put up double digit sacks last year and showed he still can get after the passer (even without getting any help from the other side of the DL). And $5 million is peanuts these days in the NFL.

Will be interesting to see what he gets on the open market.

He'll either go to NE at a reasonable $, or get paid way more than he's worth. Are the Eagles in the market for an over-paid, past their prime DE?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast