Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dee Milliner 40

Milliner is worth the #4 pick, but I only take him if Joeckel and Fisher are gone. I still like my boy Darius Slay from Miss St ... although he may go prior to where I had him in my Mock (our pick in Rd 3). I have today's events DVR'ed, but I heard Slay looked damn good in drills and ran the same time Milliner did. My other guy at Corner Xavier Rhodes looked like he did pretty good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    Milliner is worth the #4 pick, but I only take him if Joeckel and Fisher are gone. I still like my boy Darius Slay from Miss St ... although he may go prior to where I had him in my Mock (our pick in Rd 3). I have today's events DVR'ed, but I heard Slay looked damn good in drills and ran the same time Milliner did. My other guy at Corner Xavier Rhodes looked like he did pretty good as well.
    Rey my fav CB after Milliner is Rhodes, then Trufant. We need so many different positions, it is so hard to lock in on just one. I can tell you the ones I don't want!!! LOL

My guys are still the same ... Rhodes, Trufant, Jamar Taylor and Slay. Poyer if still there in Rd 3. If not Milliner at 4 then I'd be just fine with any one of the other guys in Rd 2 or Poyer in Rd 3. Hawthorne's another guy I like in Rd 3 or 4. Plenty of options, that's why I'm ok if we don't go Corner at 4 ... although, like I've said I would be fine with Milliner there.

I agree with this.

My guys are still the same ... Rhodes, Trufant, Jamar Taylor and Slay. Poyer if still there in Rd 3. If not Milliner at 4 then I'd be just fine with any one of the other guys in Rd 2 or Poyer in Rd 3. Hawthorne's another guy I like in Rd 3 or 4. Plenty of options, that's why I'm ok if we don't go Corner at 4 ... although, like I've said I would be fine with Milliner there.
    Rd 2 I'm hoping either Elam or Jesse Williams make it to us in rd 2. Rd 3 I am hoping Dj Swearinger makes it to us at 3...Would also love to draft Larry Warford because I think he is an absolute Stud guard.

Welcome to Philadelphia Dee. If he plays half as good as he did in the championship game, then we have quite a player at a monster need position.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Eaglez View Post
    Welcome to Philadelphia Dee. If he plays half as good as he did in the championship game, then we have quite a player at a monster need position.
    Yep! Would love it!

With so many holes and with a draft class that's deep in the mid rounds I'd love to trade back in the first -- If not I'd be fine with Milliner at #4. Also would be okay with players like Fisher, Jordan, Mingo

Right now the top 4 for me are:

1.Eric Fisher
    2.Luke Joeckel
    3.Dion Jordan
    4.Dee Milliner

* Other than swat, I've been one of the guys pretty high on Jordan ... while ruff around the edges as a rusher, he has the "potential" to be elite. And I don't think he needs to pack on 20 lbs, I think 8 to 10 more would be just fine while keeping his speed.

I think the Lions trade up ahead of us to assure themselves of Milliner.

Milliner is the right pick at #4 especially since Star came up with the heart issue. I wouldn't be afraid of taking Floyd there either, I don't believe Joeckel will be there if he is and if Kelly believes he start out by right tackle he is the best player in the draft so you have to take him. Here is my top 5 right now for the Eagles.
    1. Luke Joeckel
    2. Dee Milliner
    3. Shariff Floyd
    4. Eric Fisher
    5. Dion Jordan

I think we could trade back 5 or 6 spots get a few extra picks and still wind up with Jordan which I would be fine with.

I'd still rather have a big body if we stick at #4. But I'd take him at 7-8.
    Chip is the man!

This based purely on the state of the team BTW. I think a stud at OT or DT would have more of an impact the a stud CB, especially when our other D is so poor right now.

I go OT in round one and D the rest of the way.
    Chip is the man!

We need 5 first rd picks and 5 second rd picks... Then we might actually have a decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    So much for you people on this board that listen to BULLSH!T.....Dee Milliners speed was NEVER a Question! The kid stuck to every damn WR, TE like glue. The kid is the best all around Cover CB to come out in a long time....He covers Very well, he plays the run Very well and hits like a truck!
    Bingo! He's very, very good in all areas, just not off the charts in any one-- off the charts usually gets the attention of draft boards and garners a "too high" pick. Considering the other talent at OT and DT and may LB/DE, I thought he may drop to the #7-10 range, but no more. Milliner is top 5-6, at worst.

*IF* Peters is healthy (I don't know that, but I hope Kelly does by the end of April), then OT is not an immediate need, so don't reach. If Joeckel is miraculously there at #4, then he may be the BPA, so sure. With Patterson and Jenkins cut, I gotta believe Kelly showed his hand and is going DT (hard to believe he would be so obvious). Shariff? If not, Milliner is our pick at #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Milliner is the right pick at #4 especially since Star came up with the heart issue. I wouldn't be afraid of taking Floyd there either, I don't believe Joeckel will be there if he is and if Kelly believes he start out by right tackle he is the best player in the draft so you have to take him. Here is my top 5 right now for the Eagles.
    1. Luke Joeckel
    2. Dee Milliner
    3. Shariff Floyd
    4. Eric Fisher
    5. Dion Jordan

I think we could trade back 5 or 6 spots get a few extra picks and still wind up with Jordan which I would be fine with.
    Love this order. I hate going on combine numbers...i like DM and all but at #4 i just dont know. The rest of this list is fantastic. I wouldnt hate DM being picked 4th...but IMO the other guys would have a higher impact.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123