Frazier extended...

The poster formerly known as
    TEDBROWN23

Meh. I wouldn't have done it, especially if you aren't going to be aggressive in FA. I don't think there is enough proof yet. He did a good job this year but I didn't see a whole lot of anything that Chilly didn't do. Line up and play smashmouth offense, rush the QB on D. The draft also really benefited Frazier and he had little/nothing to do with that. The upgrades and S and OT alone were worth wins, and when you add in the difference a strong legged kicker makes, that really makes up the majority of the improvement.

Correction, they just picked up his option. Good.

Eden Prairie, MN (February 13, 2013) – The Minnesota Vikings have exercised the 4th-year option for Head Coach Leslie Frazier for the 2014 NFL season. Frazier finished his second full season as the Vikings head coach in 2012 with a seven-win improvement from 2011, going from 3-13 to 10-6 and earning a Wild Card Playoff berth. The seven-win jump is the biggest single-season turnaround in Vikings history.

Frazier finished tied for 3rd in the 2012 Associated Press Coach of the Year voting and was recognized with a Fritz Pollard Alliance Salute to Excellence Award during Super Bowl XLVII week activities. He became the eighth head coach in Vikings history after taking over the club on an interim basis for the final six games of 2010, finishing 3-3 in that time.

“Coach Frazier has done a remarkable job in building a strong foundation for the Minnesota Vikings and creating a very positive future,” said Vikings Owner/President Mark Wilf. “We value his leadership and look forward to working with him for many years to come.”

Good job by the Vikings to add this to the contract, it saves them from having to give him a big extension in case last year was a fluke.
    "I rooted for the Russians in 1980 because they were the better team." - Twolvesguy

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Correction, they just picked up his option. Good.

Eden Prairie, MN (February 13, 2013) – The Minnesota Vikings have exercised the 4th-year option for Head Coach Leslie Frazier for the 2014 NFL season. Frazier finished his second full season as the Vikings head coach in 2012 with a seven-win improvement from 2011, going from 3-13 to 10-6 and earning a Wild Card Playoff berth. The seven-win jump is the biggest single-season turnaround in Vikings history.

Frazier finished tied for 3rd in the 2012 Associated Press Coach of the Year voting and was recognized with a Fritz Pollard Alliance Salute to Excellence Award during Super Bowl XLVII week activities. He became the eighth head coach in Vikings history after taking over the club on an interim basis for the final six games of 2010, finishing 3-3 in that time.

“Coach Frazier has done a remarkable job in building a strong foundation for the Minnesota Vikings and creating a very positive future,” said Vikings Owner/President Mark Wilf. “We value his leadership and look forward to working with him for many years to come.”
    When I first heard the story, I was fearful of repeating the Childress mistake and had given Frazier a long-term extension. Picking up his option is an entirely different story.

I am not sold on Frazier. Yes, he did oversea the best improvement in team history... but that is because he also led us to one of the worst records in team history too.

This year, it was the Adrian Peterson show. I struggle to think of a point where Frazier outcoached the other team. Or where a player rose up to perform far above his talent level. To me, those are the hallmarks of a good coach. I am not sold on Frazier being a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by JCD View Post
    When I first heard the story, I was fearful of repeating the Childress mistake and had given Frazier a long-term extension. Picking up his option is an entirely different story.

I am not sold on Frazier. Yes, he did oversea the best improvement in team history... but that is because he also led us to one of the worst records in team history too.

This year, it was the Adrian Peterson show. I struggle to think of a point where Frazier outcoached the other team. Or where a player rose up to perform far above his talent level. To me, those are the hallmarks of a good coach. I am not sold on Frazier being a good coach.
    I just have to say that I agree with everything you said here.