1 3.57%
  • Barack Obama

3 10.71%
  • George W. Bush

6 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    It's more a factor of you not having to expend 1000 calories to eat 1050 calories. We're much more efficient in our food production. Carbs and fats still taste better than veggies and whole grains though. My comment was more directed at the idea of assigning blame. At the end of the day, tax sticks or not, we all make our own choices about food.

Have to dig for it, but just this past week (or maybe last week or so), a report came out that basically had gathered the evidence that the food industry has been using the same tactics as the tobacco industry to portect and grow its market and profits - ranging from controlling research and media reports to adding addictives to food, apart from the usual lobbying.
    Al Michaels: "That's the loudest manure chant I have ever heared!"

Sleeping barely above the sea... and walking under water

Quote Originally Posted by DutchBird View Post
    Have to dig for it, but just this past week (or maybe last week or so), a report came out that basically had gathered the evidence that the food industry has been using the same tactics as the tobacco industry to portect and grow its market and profits - ranging from controlling research and media reports to adding addictives to food, apart from the usual lobbying.
    Okay sure, but I'm thinking that 99.9% of us are not going to want to be producing our own food. If I get to choose between some shenanigans by Big Ag and me subsistence farming, I'm going to take shenanigans. Not to mention probably suffering from scurvy living in Alberta through the winter (6) months.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567