Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    EJ Manuel would be an absurd draft pick. His decision making is comparable, if not worse, than Mike Vick. I would be completely shocked if Kelly hitched his wagon to Manuel. Yes, he tried to recruit him to Oregon, but he is not blind to his total lack of progress in Tallahassee.

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    I think there are some things that I would be looking for in a QB for Chip Kelly in Phillys new O and Manuel has pretty much everything.

1. Athletic ability. Check.
    2. Accuracy on short throws. Check.
    3. Strong arm. Check.
    4. Size to withstand punishment. Check.
    5. Leader. Check.
    6. Winner. Check.
    7. Big game player. Check.
    8. Exp. in system. Check.

His issues from what Ive seen are mechanical. Thats fixable. Those other attributes are not for the most part.
    If Chip Kelly goes with two panicky QBs like Vick and Manuel that will be it. Back to college for him. Chips offense requires precision and knowing what you're meant to do with the football. He can't be on the field so he needs his players to be an extension of what he wants accomplished. Panicking in the pocket (or on your way out of it) is not a part of that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    Id be shocked if it is not EJ Manuel.
    Just because he recruited him 4 years ago out of high school? Come on man.

Maybe we'll draft Chris Harper out of Kansas St and move him back to QB. Heck, Kelly even recruited and signed him to be his Oregon QB!

We'll see how it plays out. There is PLENTY to like about Manuel. Not gonna keep repeating myself though. If you dont want him..good, I'll drive the empty bandwagon. Wouldnt be the first time I was driving a bandwagon many here didnt want any parts of.
    Last edited by swat; 02-14-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234