Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New mock from Daniel Jeremiah at NFL.com

I read a lot of mocks and don't usually post them. I found this one particularly interesting though and I personally feel its ahead of the curve on a lot of guys. Particularly FLoyd(maybe not quite that high, but close),Werner,Moore and Watson.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...eremiah/165100
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Like Joeckel to the Lions. Just don't think it happens.

Nice to see a mock in February with some variation, though.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Ronald Wilson Reagan

Smith has no upside. He's a 3rd round prospect who can't read a defense, can't overcome his defense giving up 50 a game, can't evade the rush, hell I doubt he can even spell mock draft.

Smith's belonging in the CFL aside, it's an interesting mock. As LF said, good to see something different.

Jones at 2 is fine if his medicals check out. Floyd at 3 is bold but not entirely new. Star at 4 I think is a mistake and a reach. Joker would be a no-brainer and a nice gift for the Leos at 5. Not sure Milliner is enough above the rushers here, if at all, to make sense. Lockdown corners don't lock down much when they've got to cover all day. I guess I'm like most (for a change) in liking Moore a lot, unlike Jeremiah, and feel he'd be perfect there.

Teo to the Bengals looks like this year's pencil-it-in-lock, I suppose - don't see any reason why it wouldn't happen, but will be interesting to see if they live up to their name.

And yeah, I can imagine Austin in that SF offense - frickin' deadly.

I don't see Te'o to the Bengals. They have enough run stuffing LBs who struggle in coverage. They need Ogletree.

I'd rather my LIons didnt go LT, but I'd understand the value. The D would be in rough shape though.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Never trust a man with two first names........

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseland Vike View Post
    Never trust a man with two first names........
    Never seen a man with the first name Cheeseland. Is that Scandinavian??
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Ronald Wilson Reagan

He's really high on his OL picks
    The word "hero" is frequently abused badly. This is a real hero.

Quote Originally Posted by lionfan View Post
    Never seen a man with the first name Cheeseland. Is that Scandinavian??
    Wisconsonian.

Well Wynnie The Pooh, the Chiefs better draft Geno. Because Jacksonville's QB coach really has high praise for him.

http://nesn.com/2013/02/jaguars-coac...013-nfl-draft/

Yeah, he's real objective.

It's cute how you're resigned to posting whatever blurb you can find out there that's simply in the same galaxy as your wild claims. Meanwhile Geno's going on radio and impressing the hell outta people with his answers. No doubt you haven't listened. He's probably too dumb to dial a phone number, right?

I generally don't like the idea of going CB top 10, but Millner is a somewhat intriguing possibility. Up to this point, it's largely been assumed the Browns will go OLB because it's such a huge need on paper, and there are three potential top 10 prospects that could fill that void. However, there hasn't been a whole lot of discussion about what the Browns could/should do if they address OLB before the draft. Millner? Star? Warmack? Hell, Vaccaro?

I think Millner is the way to go if they don't go OLB. Warmack would be pretty interesting though too. Millner gives them something to build around on defense with 2 stud CBs. He becomes insurance if you can't re-sign Haden too, though you'd hate to see that happen obviously. Like the guy said, that division has become a passing divisioin to some degree.

Sometimes need and value align so perfectly that you ask yourself, why the hell wouldn't X team do it? And that's the case here. There IS going to be a monster pass-rusher who deserves to go at 6, and the Browns have to have one. The only argument I'd see against it is if Milliner grades out that much higher than the rusher, but I don't see that at this point.

I don't think the Browns can really afford to take another CB that high.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast