Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LASam View Post
    KC's GM doesn't see a clear cut favorite or 1st round QB for that matter, in the class right now. Should tell you all you need to know about how poor this QB class is. Not a good year to need a QB.
    Yeah, if you believe everything you hear in pre-draft season. Or maybe he's giving signals that they'll take Joeckel so someone needs to jump up and get him. I honestly don't know. If they trade for someone and/or don't sign Albert, there's your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    That's fine. If you take Geno, you will be. And you'll pass on good ones in 2014 and 2015 by doing so.
    Yeah, the good old "they're better next year" line. Just about every year. Except they're not. And next year, the year after is better.

Yah, you can't believe anything right now. I know Walter football, love em or hate em, says their Chief source who has been pretty accurate on their 1st rounders told them Geno is atop the board.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Gil Brandt chimes in on the subject

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...ATL_newsdriver
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

wyndham,

Yeah, if you believe everything you hear in pre-draft season. Or maybe he's giving signals that they'll take Joeckel so someone needs to jump up and get him. I honestly don't know. If they trade for someone and/or don't sign Albert, there's your answer.
    Personally I think he's preparing the fan base for the realization that they aren't going to take a QB with the top pick. There's little to gain from questioning the talent at the position, in fact there's really nothing to gain and it devalues the pick. It's honesty that you don't see very often from guys in his position.

I'm not trying to pile on here either. I actually sympathize because as a Niners fan I saw the same thing play out in 2005 when we had the #1 pick and no surefire blue chip player to use it on. As it turns out Aaron Rodgers would have been a great choice, but there were few who made a long lasting impact in the first round of that draft.

He's preparing the fanbase for Nick Foles.

Not really, since Walter's last 4 years have had KC taking Curry, Solder, Bulaga, and DeCastro with their #1 pick, and none of them are wearing a Chief Uniform. He is the very opposite of accurate, when it comes to the Chiefs.
    Last edited by DaBlueGuy; 02-19-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBlueGuy View Post
    Not really, since Walter's last 4 years have had KC taking Curry, Solder, Bulaga, and DeCastro with their #1 pick, and none of them are wearing a Chief Uniform. He is the very opposite of accurate, when it comes to the Chiefs.
    http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/16...chiefs-if.html

I've given up on him, DBG. I suggest you do as well.
    Mayock, Kiper, Brandt, McShay, Polian, Casserly and the credible people with obvious NFL front office connections/experience people pound the table with the obvious truth. They are what I usually back up with my own research.

This QB Class isn't even in the same league as 2010 (which is considerably weak).

Wyndham makes up stuff to help justify his weird fantasy and then resorts to name calling and "laughing" if you challenge that idea.

From what I'm hearing ...

KC's options :

Alex Smith - who Andy Reid loves. And it's either we get him or Arizona does. But based on cap moves, we'll be able to sign him and Arizona won't. The other teams with QB issues - NY and Buffalo - don't have the room. Oakland still has Palmer under contract.

The Browns could be a wild card in this mix. Norv Turner worked with Alex Smith and both are friends. The Browns have enough Cap Space to pick up a 8.5 million dollar hit - and have new ownership.

But the most the Browns can do is raise the trade war game of chicken between the Chiefs and 49ers. We can outbid them because we have higher picks in every round.

I don't see the Browns going higher than a 3rd round pick in that game either. They might have cap room but it's not a franchise that major free agents will put as their first choice.

So what is the word in KC about the Foles rumors? It appears Philly said he was not available, but that may be posturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    So what is the word in KC about the Foles rumors? It appears Philly said he was not available, but that may be posturing.
    Good question. I'm not really sure what Chip Kelly's overall plan at QB is. Mostly because there are plenty of questions involving how he'll adjust his offensive schemes to the NFL.

Obviously Vick is back. But we know that it's a very very small window with Vick.
    For Kelly's career he has to find a successor either this year or the top half of the 1st round in 2013.

EDIT : There really isn't a reason why the Eagles shouldn't keep Foles unless they can get a 2nd for him. Or a 3rd + a player type of deal. He's not hurting their cap. And if a playoff team loses their starter - Baltimore? Green Bay? Atlanta? they could live with losing a 2nd rounder for a quality guy like Foles that could make a decent playoff run

Not to say I that I think Kelly will struggle - but Big Time College Head Coaches have struggled in the NFL because of their inability to evaluate and coach up Quarterbacks for the NFL.

Spurrier started off with former Gators (Matthews & Wuerffel) and Patrick Ramsey. Ramsey's ultimate problem was that Spurriers main read would be broken up in coverage and Ramsey wasn't confident enough in the pocket to move to the 2nd read on time.

Butch Davis came into the NFL and created a decent offense out of Kelly Holcomb and Tim Couch. But he preferred veteran journeyman Jeff Garcia over Holcomb and the deck of cards failed.

Neither had any serious luck drafting a QB.

Where Harbaugh is potentially different is that he was a successful NFL QB before leaving for college. He was also a successful back up QB meaning that he knew how to manage time and communicate (from the sideline) to his starter.

Next year has one guy that I think will really blow up - from a school i'd never think of being a QB school - Tyler Russell at Miss St. Right now he's higher than Logan Thomas on my watch list and lower than AJ McCarron (who, imo, would be drafted no.1 overall today) and Aaron Murray. He runs a version of Spread Option at Miss St and has the nice mix of brains, speed, and arm strength to make the head coaches looking for the next CK to get interested. He isn't 4.5 fast but probably 4.6-4.7 range.
    Last edited by dasher; 02-20-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Edit: not worth it.

Draft OGz #1 overall!!1!
    Last edited by Wyndham; 02-20-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dasher View Post
    Next year has one guy that I think will really blow up - from a school i'd never think of being a QB school - Tyler Russell at Miss St. Right now he's higher than Logan Thomas on my watch list and lower than AJ McCarron (who, imo, would be drafted no.1 overall today) and Aaron Murray.
    [/B]
    Teddy Bridgewater?

Well as you probably know USA Today reported last week that KC was interested in trading for Foles, and that Reid and Doug Pedersen were high on the kid.

That report and others out of Philly have subsequently said that Philly was not interested in trading Foles. But many of the Eagles beat writers think he does not fit Kelly's scheme and will likely be dealt before the draft, with KC the most likely destination.

It certainly seems to me that the Chiefs are not taking Geno, by the way, after the GM's remarks. I think he is preparing people for some kind of trade, either Foles or Alex Smith.

On the surface it does look like a better class of QB's coming out next year. Yes we typically say that at this time of the year but this class is so devoid of a standout sure fire 1st rounder, I really believe that to be the case.

I'm not sure how Foles fits with Kelly's offense. He is not a really mobile QB which Kelly favors and it's not like he showed great potential last year. I think they'd trade him in a heartbeat if KC gave them a pick in the 1st 3 rounds, but the question is, is he worth that? Kelly has Vick and now Dennis Dixon who knows the system already and fits more along the lines of what Kelly likes at the position. It could be another Spurrier/Wuerfel disaster or it could be a success, either way I don't think Foles is the guy they will build around.

I thought Alex Smith to KC was a potential landing spot but Mort reported that KC is Leukwarm on Smith and would rather look at Foles or the draft so who knows? I still think there's a chance Smith winds up in Baltimore when the Ravens don't meet Flacco's demands and let him go for two 1st rounders. Yeah I said it. Not likely but the Ravens don't strike me as a team who will overpay no matter who it is. Flacco wants elite money and I'm betting they aren't convinced he's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    The part about this that doesn't make any sense to me is why the Eagles would want to move Foles in the first place. A 32 year old, always injured and increasingly ineffective Michael Vick is going to make you trade your 24 year old promising backup who is only making 400K a year? Isn't Foles EXACTLY who one would want to have behind Vick this year? I seriously don't get it.
    Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast