Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    fwiw, neither Dalton of Tannehill has shown that they are definitely a better QB than Matt Cassel. I'd like to throw that out there.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    fwiw, neither Dalton of Tannehill has shown that they are definitely a better QB than Matt Cassel. I'd like to throw that out there.
    Dalton has. Cassel has been horrible the last few years. Tannehill was a rookie last year, not sure how he would really do that. He showed talent IMO and certainly looked better than trash like Gabbert.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Dalton has. Cassel has been horrible the last few years. Tannehill was a rookie last year, not sure how he would really do that. He showed talent IMO and certainly looked better than trash like Gabbert.
    THey're all 50 QBR, sub 7 YPA guys. Obviously Tannehill has a chance to improve quite a bit, maybe Dalton too. Cassel was horrible this past year, but generally when surrounded by talent, he's been Dalton-esque. I say this not necessarily to prop up Cassel but to show what Dalton really is. He's nothing special and generally overrated. He's Alex Smith. Plus I'm betting Reid could get a reasonable amount of production out of Cassel
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Agree with Nas on Dalton. I'm not even sure he is better than Ponder at this point.

Meh, Ponder can't read a defense or make a play with 9 guys in the box. Dalton has Green but at least looks like can stand in the pocket and read a D.

I'm no Ponder fan, but he did his job pretty well this year. He's not a playmaker, but he doesn't screw up much and he can make some plays with his legs. He also had about the worst WRs you can have once Harvin went down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Comparing a game in a freaking blizzard to some of those is just crazy.
    Nassib was in that same game and looked way better and you mocked him up above.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    I'll take the QB #1, and if he busts? Big deal. I'll do it again in 3 years.
    That's fine. If you take Geno, you will be. And you'll pass on good ones in 2014 and 2015 by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I'm no Ponder fan, but he did his job pretty well this year. He's not a playmaker, but he doesn't screw up much and he can make some plays with his legs. He also had about the worst WRs you can have once Harvin went down.
    He threw for 100 yards or less through 3 quarters in just about half the games. He sucked for a lot of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    Nassib was in that same game and looked way better and you mocked him up above.
    I didn't mock him for that game.

but I wouldn't take Nassib in the first 3 rounds.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I didn't mock him for that game.

but I wouldn't take Nassib in the first 3 rounds.
    Nassib and Geno were playing in the same conditions that day. Geno looked atrocious. Nassib looked poor.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    He threw for 100 yards or less through 3 quarters in just about half the games. He sucked for a lot of the year.
    I recognize his limitations, I just think he deserves a certain amount of credit for what he is. Shoot, he probably would have thrown for a few more yards with a decent WR or 2 as well. I'm not sure he's all that different from Dalton for example.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    Nassib and Geno were playing in the same conditions that day. Geno looked atrocious. Nassib looked poor.
    Yes. It's a bad game to use to judge either on.

Honestly I'd rather trade my 3rd or 4th or foles and draft a stud DL or OT at 1-1.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

KC's GM doesn't see a clear cut favorite or 1st round QB for that matter, in the class right now. Should tell you all you need to know about how poor this QB class is. Not a good year to need a QB.

As to Ponder/Dalton, it's a clear case of one guy having an elite WR to throw to and the other having not much of anything once Harvin went down. Ponder is the better QB imo and if they get him some better receivers he'll look better in turn. The Vikes also were riding the AP train most of the season so Ponder wasn't asked to throw 30+ times a game very often. Dalton is average at best and even his best plays are really just throwing it up to Green and having him make a play.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast