Thread: Micheal Vick

Micheal Vick

How long until the Eagles make the decision to keep Vick or let him go? I thought they had like 5 days after the SB otherwise his salary was guaranteed next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    How long until the Eagles make the decision to keep Vick or let him go? I thought they had like 5 days after the SB otherwise his salary was guaranteed next season?
    Actually the decision day you are referring to is tomorrow. But don't get your hopes up. They will most definitely not release him tomorrow. Don't panic when they keep him either, because it is meaningless at this point. After tomorrow he is guaranteed $3 million, but the Eagles will only be on the hook for that that money if they keep him (please no!) or if nobody else signs him to a contract exceeding $3 mil in bonus money. Of course some team will sign Vick should he hit the market. So, in reality the deadline day is actually March 12th, the first official day of the new league year.
    Last edited by jinxremoving; 02-06-2013 at 05:11 AM.

what he said...
    While cynics whine about what the Eagles haven't done. Real Eagle fans focus on what we should do.

philly.com explains it all today in a story

It was explained above. Bottom line is they have decided to keep him for now because releasing him would only cost $3 mil if he does not get that much from another team, and they seem to think he would. This gives them a little more flexibility in the draft and negotiations with other teams/players, so it makes sense.

Why would anyone else pay him 3 million? Just cut your losses and move on from that mistake.

They need to decided later. Vick is going to get at least 3 million from another team so keeping him past today doesn't cost us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by djm View Post
    Vick is going to get at least 3 million from another team
    for what? Are multiple teams competing for him? The veteran minimum for 10+ credited seasons is $940,000.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    for what? Are multiple teams competing for him? The veteran minimum for 10+ credited seasons is $940,000.
    Vick will find a home. Maybe they want to try and adjust his contract or possibly work a trade. None of this is very realistic in my mind but so is thinking there isn't a market for Vick out there.

I think there is a good chance multiple teams would compete for him, actually, with some offering starter money. Veteran NFL backup QBs make more than that also eaglesnut.

Just as long as he goes somewhere else, that's all that matters. Keeping him would give me cause to doubt Kelly.
    "It was the balls fault" Raid 2010
    The 14 year reign of mismanagement is over, hope runs rampant once again.