Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondeye View Post
    Speaking of funny.
    Yah, the one intelligent thing Hoge said in that conversation was that Ben was arguably MVP before getting hurt. The guys' a stud.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPKeaton View Post
    Where people fit 1 through 5 is arbitrary IMO. Elite is elite.
    I find this to be a very interesting take.

I kinda like it to be honest.

Especially with so many variables such as coaching, the system, and supporting cast on both sides of the ball (not to mention non-football players like kickers and punters).
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I get what you are saying, but I don't think Flacco's in the discussion for #1 at all. He put himself in the conversation for top 5-10 this year. He has a ways to go. I'd like to see Flacco on a team that isn't ready made. I'd like to see him do it for 4 or 5 years consecutively.
    Fair enough.... but the guy has won post season, on the road, every single year. He's progressed each year.

And he's got (well he had) one of the best unibrow's of all time.
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Yah, the one intelligent thing Hoge said in that conversation was that Ben was arguably MVP before getting hurt. The guys' a stud.
    Before the shoulder/rib injury, the Steelers were leading the league in 3rd down conversion rate and he was on pace for 30+ TD passes. He pretty much sucked coming back off the injury. I cannot dispute that, but the guy was playing hurt.

He's not as good as Peyton, Brady, Brees or Rodgers, but I still contend that he's on the fringe of that group and is still a notch above the next level of Flacco, Ryan and Eli, but haters are going to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    So Joe Flacco is now the No. 1 QB in the NFL? Because he had a hot playoff? Peyton Manning isn't even in the top 5?

It's absurd.
    Or Brees...

Flacco #1? Brees and Manning outside the top 5? Wow, what an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPKeaton View Post
    Fair enough.... but the guy has won post season, on the road, every single year. He's progressed each year.

And he's got (well he had) one of the best unibrow's of all time.
    I don't intend to rip him, he has a very nice resume. So do Brady,Ben,Brees,Rodgers,Eli and Peyton though.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Before the shoulder/rib injury, the Steelers were leading the league in 3rd down conversion rate and he was on pace for 30+ TD passes. He pretty much sucked coming back off the injury. I cannot dispute that, but the guy was playing hurt.

He's not as good as Peyton, Brady, Brees or Rodgers, but I still contend that he's on the fringe of that group and is still a notch above the next level of Flacco, Ryan and Eli, but haters are going to hate.
    I think he's in the same tier as those first 4 myself. The guy's a winner flat out.

Well the biggest problem with Ben at this point is that he keeps getting hurt. His style of play puts him in harms way a lot and while he does well when he is on the field he simply can't stay on the field.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by JoKeR View Post
    You know this how? RA doesn't even know if he was kidding or not.

Real Admiral doesn't care for Tony Romo as his QB, that's how I know he was being sarcastic...

Remember when Flacco said he was the best QB in the league, or that he was elite...something like that, before the season started? Doesn't seem quite as ridiculous anymore.
    Last edited by Depp; 02-06-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StillSwinging View Post
    Some of you sound as bad as Hoge.
    Well of course if we don't agree that Big Ben is elite, we must be just as bad as Hoge.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    Well of course if we don't agree that Big Ben is elite, we must be just as bad as Hoge.
    Actually you would be. Painfully obvious Ben is in the top 5. Nine years of evidence.

Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, no Carson Palmer? This list is out of whack.
    I promise I won't do it again

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast