Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Merrill Hoge's Top 5 QBs

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=891...goryid=2378529

I honestly don't know what to say about this other than, how does this guy still have a job? Is he being asked to intentionally give idiotic opinions?
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Who are they? I can't play vid's at work...

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    Who are they? I can't play vid's at work...
    Flacco
    Rodgers
    Brady
    Big Ben
    Ryan
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

So Joe Flacco is now the No. 1 QB in the NFL? Because he had a hot playoff? Peyton Manning isn't even in the top 5?

It's absurd.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Judging from his demeanor, it seems clear there was an alterior motive rather than what he truly believes...if only to just go against conventional wisdom and make something mundane and arbitrary "newsworthy".

The whole concept of ESPN thinking people care about Merrill Hoge's opinions on who the top 5 QB's are is extremely ignorant, unless he puts out something stupid like this.

I'm sure producers encouraged him to take a more abstract path rather than just being boringly logical.
    Last edited by Depp; 02-05-2013 at 09:58 PM.

WOW... Flacco and Ryan over Manning and Brees? Flacco is probably #7 or #8 imo... And Big Ben is a shell of his former self...

Hoge has taken too many shots to the head. His takes are always some of the worst on TV. Wherever Salisbury went they should send Hoge.

Why? He hates quarterbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Depp View Post
    Judging from his demeanor, it seems clear there was an alterior motive rather than what he truly believes...if only to just go against conventional wisdom and make something mundane and arbitrary "newsworthy".The whole concept of ESPN thinking people care about Merrill Hoge's opinions on who the top 5 QB's are is extremely ignorant, unless he puts out something stupid like this.

I'm sure producers encouraged him to take a more abstract path rather than just being boringly logical.
    This. He's like many of the middle-grade analysts. Sometimes he's interesting with some new insights, other times he's an idiot. I like Rothlesberger but the way he's going he might be out of the league before Brady or Manning.

Too many blows to the head...

Something tells me that Hoge got smarter AFTER the blows to the head.
    Gang Way!

I don't know...if he listed the top 5 QB's as:

1. Rodgers
    2. Manning
    3. Brady
    4. Brees
    5. Flacco

as I would...I'm not sure why it would be on T.V.

I cannot argue against Joe Flacco being the best QB in the NFL right now.

He beat Manning and Brady head to head... and I don't mean that his team beat theirs, he was the best QB on the field during the entire playoffs. Honestly, Flacco has beaten Brady both times they met this year, and last year in the AFCC game.

When they changed OC's in Baltimore, they put it on Flacco's shoulders, and he has done the job.

Roll your eyes all you want, but if we discard 2000-2011 (because they don't matter from today forward) and look at the most recent body of work... Flacco's the man.
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

The month prior to the playoffs, he threw 8td's and 8 int's. He is NOT better than Brees, Brady, Manning, or Rodgers in any way, form, or fashion.

Hoge is an idiot, who obviously does things like this to keep him name in the news when people stop mocking his ties.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    Flacco
    Rodgers
    Brady
    Big Ben
    Ryan
    In that order?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast