Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Personally, I'm with you guys on this one.

This is crap. If you're gonna let them have all this power, and let them combine with other financial institutions by repealing other laws, you better know how to hold them accountable for allowing them to become so freaking massive.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    How exactly do you propose destroying one of these institutions?

How does one go about destroying Citibank?
    Prosecute them. That is the topic here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Do you mean criminally or via corporate governance laws?
    Criminally. Virtually every corporate criminal prosecution occurs when individuals operate outside the bounds of corporate interests.

Governance laws are a joke.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    Prosecute them. That is the topic here.
    Prosecute whom?
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Prosecute whom?
    Did you not read the article or are you just playing dense again?

Quote Originally Posted by article
    "Breuer made the comments for a documentary aired by the PBS program “Frontline.” The investigative report, titled “The Untouchables,” asked why no senior Wall Street executive has been prosecuted for apparently well-documented illegal acts, such as authorizing document forging, misleading investors and obstructing justice. Breuer was shockingly candid."

Did you not read the article or are you just playing dense again?
    Those are criminal acts done by specific people. You aren't going to break up a major bank because of criminal actions done by indivudals.

Sure you will. It will impact the whole industry. Stop being scared of the sunlight, flyer.

We allowed banks to become massive bureaucracies and now we are surprised that they have become ungovernable?

How often do individuals EVER get prosecuted for corporate malfeasance in large corporations?
    I'm sure it's because of Obama that this trend continues.

Sure you will. It will impact the whole industry. Stop being scared of the sunlight, flyer.
    Well I guess if we are just going to ignore the law we can do whatever we like!

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    This bothers me a lot because a lot of the same folks who bend over backwards to defend corporate America now are going to be the guys blasting Obama for not going after corporate America.

This bothers me a lot because a lot of the same folks who bend over backwards to defend corporate America now are going to be the guys blasting Obama for not going after corporate America.
    Yep. Absolutely the height of hypocrisy isn't it? Another real reason I voted Warren for Senate.

Yep. Absolutely the height of hypocrisy isn't it? Another real reason I voted Warren for Senate.
    I love Warren. One of the very few people I've listened to on the national level who was honest about what's going on. And it terrified Republicans so much that they did everything in their power to prevent her from heading the CPBB.

Well I guess if we are just going to ignore the law we can do whatever we like!
    No, first you have to let the sunlight in. Then it can get rid of the mold.

Quote Originally Posted by RayClay View Post
    It absolutely should.

Of course ctc was adamant that this wasn't a problem in the scandal of the 2000s so...
    I was? Really?

and as usual when i ask you for the quotes you'll come up with a big fat zero. IOW you're talking thru your ass.

But do have a go at it. enlist the army that is the peanut gallery if you think that'll help.

That's total bull****. Bush let them go the first time. Obama isn't doing anything different than Bush did. That's where this "continues."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast