Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 295
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    58,532
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    LOL. Of course it doesn't matter.
    It's a separate penalty to be debated on its own merits.

    Whether Smith interfered with Crabtree has nothing to do with it when Crabtree's freeing himself came after Smith's hold.

    Seriously, you're not this dense.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    58,532
    And we already talked about OPI.

    After Bruce, Darrell Jackson and David Givens, I have no idea what OPI is.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hoboken NJ
    Posts
    57,257
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    It's a separate penalty to be debated on its own merits.

    Whether Smith interfered with Crabtree has nothing to do with it when Crabtree's freeing himself came after Smith's hold.

    Seriously, you're not this dense.
    It has to do with the ref's judgment of what's going on. If the ref feels that both players are committing fouls guess what he does? Nothing.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    58,532
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    It has to do with the ref's judgment of what's going on. If the ref feels that both players are committing fouls guess what he does? Nothing.
    He should throw 2 flags.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hoboken NJ
    Posts
    57,257
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    He should throw 2 flags.
    Yeah because you've seen that happen how many times ever?
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    58,532
    If they can throw dual personal fouls when only one player actually deserves it, they can get this one right.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hoboken NJ
    Posts
    57,257
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    If they can throw dual personal fouls when only one player actually deserves it, they can get this one right.
    This is where your argument has wound up? You wanted to see the ref call one of the dumbest things in football?
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    58,532
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    This is where your argument has wound up? You wanted to see the ref call one of the dumbest things in football?
    I want them to call the game the same way in the 1st QTR in the first pre-season game that they would on 4th and goal in the SB. This is the NFL Competition Committee's own directive to the officials. It's not my own personal one. That's why I used the Casserly quote.

    On this occasion they clearly failed to do that.

    Smith blatantly commits DPI.

    The only question is if Crabtree fighting through such an illegal move also commits OPI. The question is how much force is he allowed to use to fight out of such an illegal manuever.

    And considering how close he was to the ball really when you get a good look at the pictures (like the one I posted), the ball is clearly catch-able.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    11,649
    Steve McNair made an awful throw to Kevin Dyson.

    Discuss.
    "I just want to be a really filthy old man and get paid for it." -George Carlin

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Tied to the KFFL merry-go-round
    Posts
    25,010
    I'll take "Misleading Thread Titles" for $400, please, Alex...
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    45,312
    "Whiny fans of this NFL team have been making threads with misleading titles."
    “All rear ends are different!”—Steve Beuerlein
    "I could have told you that."—Jim in NYC

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    14,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    I thought Crabtree ran a very poor route on that play... He didn't give any juke or anything... Just an awful route and the throw wouldn't have been caught in bounds anyways... It almost looked like Crabtree initiated the contact to try and draw the penalty...
    I agree.

    After repeatedly looking at the replay unless Crabtree was as tall as Yao there was no way he comes down with that ball in bounds. Even if he was never touched.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    45,477
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I want them to call the game the same way in the 1st QTR in the first pre-season game that they would on 4th and goal in the SB.
    I want world peace and for all women to look like supermodels.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

    --

    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    14,975
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    This picture is doctored. Watching the video shows that this pic is bullsh!t.


    AND FINALLY:

    You do realize that this is not a picture of the last play right?

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    58,532
    Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    I want world peace and for all women to look like supermodels.
    Except that's what the NFL wants. That's the competition committee's stance.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.