Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    LOL. Of course it doesn't matter.
    It's a separate penalty to be debated on its own merits.

Whether Smith interfered with Crabtree has nothing to do with it when Crabtree's freeing himself came after Smith's hold.

Seriously, you're not this dense.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

And we already talked about OPI.

After Bruce, Darrell Jackson and David Givens, I have no idea what OPI is.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    It's a separate penalty to be debated on its own merits.

Whether Smith interfered with Crabtree has nothing to do with it when Crabtree's freeing himself came after Smith's hold.

Seriously, you're not this dense.
    It has to do with the ref's judgment of what's going on. If the ref feels that both players are committing fouls guess what he does? Nothing.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

It has to do with the ref's judgment of what's going on. If the ref feels that both players are committing fouls guess what he does? Nothing.
    He should throw 2 flags.

- Ghandi

He should throw 2 flags.
    Yeah because you've seen that happen how many times ever?
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

If they can throw dual personal fouls when only one player actually deserves it, they can get this one right.

- Ghandi

If they can throw dual personal fouls when only one player actually deserves it, they can get this one right.
    This is where your argument has wound up? You wanted to see the ref call one of the dumbest things in football?

This is where your argument has wound up? You wanted to see the ref call one of the dumbest things in football?
    I want them to call the game the same way in the 1st QTR in the first pre-season game that they would on 4th and goal in the SB. This is the NFL Competition Committee's own directive to the officials. It's not my own personal one. That's why I used the Casserly quote.

On this occasion they clearly failed to do that.

Smith blatantly commits DPI.

The only question is if Crabtree fighting through such an illegal move also commits OPI. The question is how much force is he allowed to use to fight out of such an illegal manuever.

And considering how close he was to the ball really when you get a good look at the pictures (like the one I posted), the ball is clearly catch-able.

- Ghandi

Steve McNair made an awful throw to Kevin Dyson.

Discuss.
    "I just want to be a really filthy old man and get paid for it." -George Carlin

I'll take "Misleading Thread Titles" for $400, please, Alex...
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

"Whiny fans of this NFL team have been making threads with misleading titles."
    “All rear ends are different!”—Steve Beuerlein
    "I could have told you that."—Jim in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Anointed One View Post
    I thought Crabtree ran a very poor route on that play... He didn't give any juke or anything... Just an awful route and the throw wouldn't have been caught in bounds anyways... It almost looked like Crabtree initiated the contact to try and draw the penalty...
    I agree.

After repeatedly looking at the replay unless Crabtree was as tall as Yao there was no way he comes down with that ball in bounds. Even if he was never touched.

I want them to call the game the same way in the 1st QTR in the first pre-season game that they would on 4th and goal in the SB.
    I want world peace and for all women to look like supermodels.
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

This picture is doctored. Watching the video shows that this pic is bullsh!t.

AND FINALLY:

You do realize that this is not a picture of the last play right?

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    I want world peace and for all women to look like supermodels.
    Except that's what the NFL wants. That's the competition committee's stance.

- Ghandi

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast