Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

And this puts it to rest

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...l-officiating/

Al least an apology from the league for that abortion of a finish would be nice.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

3 words...

You... Need... Help...

What's interesting is in the last 55 playoff games, they've only thrown the flag 2x's for defensive holding or PI in the last 2 minutes of the game... That no call was more of the norm than not...
    Last edited by Anointed One; 02-05-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Whining bitch, you got bailed out by a light bank failure and choked.
    You got the call in Atlanta, and you want to cry a river here?
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Anyone who knows football knows that the ATL call was correct and that the Ravens paid off the refs.

I wouldn't expect you to know this.

Man, I wish the roles were reversed just to see what you would say.

This Super Bowl will always have an asterisk beside it. Congrats for not being able to beat the Niners without help from the refs.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

How many threads does one debatable call need?

Idk, this one isnt' debateable.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/

what exactly is debateable about that bearhug with the ball in the air?
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    How many threads does one debatable call need?
    Hopefully a lot more! I'm still trying cement the "worst no-call of all time" in my list of world's worst moments. Right now it's a shade under the trail of tears, but it's definitely trending.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsmith View Post
    Hopefully a lot more! I'm still trying cement the "worst no-call of all time" in my list of world's worst moments. Right now it's a shade under the trail of tears, but it's definitely trending.
    Lol!

Can we make that the official Wikipedia page of the play?

you know

"The Catch"

"The immaculate reception"

ect.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Wow... sounds like Seattle fans a year ago. That could have just as easily been called offensive PI or been ruled an uncatchable ball.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    It's looking like the only benefit of the Ravens winning is that we only have to deal with one ******** Ravens fan for the year
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Can we make that the official Wikipedia page of the play?

you know

"The Catch"

"The immaculate reception"

ect.

Haha. Only if I can have the top ad and sell anti-Ravens and pro-9ers gear. I'd be rich by the end of the week!

Also, Sakic, care to explain the phantom running into the kicker / play to end the Falcons game?

I wish someone would youtube a side by side of each play so we could compare.

Haha. Only if I can have the top ad and sell anti-Ravens and pro-9ers gear. I'd be rich by the end of the week!

Also, Sakic, care to explain the phantom running into the kicker / play to end the Falcons game?

I wish someone would youtube a side by side of each play so we could compare.
    A) you've got a deal.

B) you forget that without the fake catch by Harry Douglas that play doesn't even happen. That was just horrific and they had video replay to get it wrong.

- Ghandi

To be honest, I didn't see most of the drive because I despise Atlanta. I managed to see the last play and was pumped about it, but also thought it was questionable.

And you're point kind of makes mine. Every game has questionable calls. That call wasn't any more questionable than a host of other ones throughout the game. It wasn't a travesty of a call. It was on the very normal scale of questionable calls that each team gets EVERY game.

Personally, it looks like Crabtree runs up and grabs the CB then stalls for a second with the plan to hold the CB in his position as he creates his separation so I'm glad it failed.

Jim Harbaugh and the fans crying because the refs couldn't bail them out, instead of accomplishing it on the field.
    Pythagoras circa 500 B.C...
    "Evolution is the law of Life, Number is the law of the universe, Unity is the law of God."

Welcome back, LeBron!

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast