Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    Laughable.

Sorry that I haven't adopted your simplistic view that the enemies are "savages" (as Chris Kyle refers to the Iraqis) and that I don't want to pick off every person carrying a Koran (as Chris Kyle stated).

I know when someone is boasting about a subject he shouldn't be boasting about. I know bigotry when I hear it.

I don't know about the mental anguish and anxiety associated with PTSD? Please shut up. You have no clue of my background and the people I know with that malady. I know it's devastating and deblilitating...and I have had to babysit grown men until they came down from their attacks.

I don't and never stated that all Iraqi's are savages. If you can find where i have, then please by all means share. I do think there are plenty of savage folk operating over there and have seen the result of their savage nature firsthand, whether it be in relation to Americans killed or their own people being murdered in the name of Allah. There are plenty of good, honest people there and around the region. However, you again, can't speak from experience on this issue as you've clearly never been to war or in a situation where somebody was trying to take your life. That much is clearly evident.

Do you honestly think that every man who goes to war and uses choice names for people that have tried to kill them is a bigot? Because i've used taboo terms to describe people in those very situations that makes me a bigot? Should every person who called somebody zipperhead be labeled as a bigot? Just throwing that out there, since you are not a simplistic man.

I'd be interested to know what you do for a living. I'm sure whatever you do, i'd have little to no experience with and would not write off your opinion and thoughts on matters related to said background. You seem to do this so easily of people who have far more experience with different subject matters.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

Sniper kill data has been historically unreliable.

Laughable.

Sorry that I haven't adopted your simplistic view that the enemies are "savages" (as Chris Kyle refers to the Iraqis) and that I don't want to pick off every person carrying a Koran (as Chris Kyle stated).

I know when someone is boasting about a subject he shouldn't be boasting about. I know bigotry when I hear it.

I don't know about the mental anguish and anxiety associated with PTSD? Please shut up. You have no clue of my background and the people I know with that malady. I know it's devastating and deblilitating...and I have had to babysit grown men until they came down from their attacks.
    He has a different perspective than you. No, Iraqis are obviously not inherently savages. But try and view life through this guys' eyes. Instead you're attempting to tear him down and tell us about how he was wrong for how he wrote his book.... that you haven't even read.

You want me to read a book that contains fabrications and factual errors? Do you understand what fabrications and factual errors mean when reading a supposed factual account of something?

It's useless.

Why wouldn't I pick a book on the same subject that was well-documented and researched instead? Much better use of time.
    As opposed to arguing about a book you haven't read and don't care about on the Interwebs?
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

He claimed 255 kills. He has been credited with 160 kills.

But he's not braggin'....

You're being obstinate. He mentions he has 255 kills, 160 confirmed kills in his book. His JOB was to kill; how else does one determine their success in this situation?
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    He has a different perspective than you. No, Iraqis are obviously not inherently savages. But try and view life through this guys' eyes. Instead you're attempting to tear him down and tell us about how he was wrong for how he wrote his book.... that you haven't even read.
    I by and large agree with you here... and admittedly I have not read the book, and - as things stand - I am not interested in reading it at the moment. And frankly I think Wounded Bear's reaction somewhat over the top.

That said, from what little I have come across, few of those 'truely in the thick of it' seem to like to (widely) publicize their experience, especially so shortly after the events. If they were put in centre stage, they often did so reluctantly. And many of them who did seek publicity either substantially overstated their role/importance and/or were not the most sympathetic people to be around. Frankly from those of whom I have direct knowledge (or second hand) I do not know anyone who did, and if they did, they tend(ed) to suppress the part about killing and such. This includes my grandmother who hid people from the Germans during WW II (my grandfather was actually almost executed, firing squad was already lined up before his brother talked the Germans out of it - which only became known to my mother during infighting in the family), a former coach of mine whose father jumped into Arnhem as a Royal Commando in 1944, a former teammate who served in Iraq, Afghanistan and Bosnia (that I know of), an uncle who served in the Dutch Special Forces, a friend's grandfather (German) who served on the Eastern Front, the uncle of a former colleague who was a fairly major figure in French resistance, and a former colleague who fought in the civil war in Lebanon (and his son). A former class mate during a university course about modern warfare and the academic study of warfare who served in Afghanistan told some, as part of the class - but also stated that he thought long and hard about what he should tell, whether he was willing to tell it to us.
    Al Michaels: "That's the loudest manure chant I have ever heared!"

Sleeping barely above the sea... and walking under water

It's fun to watch me flail for excuses to feel high and mighty being indifferent to an American Serviceman's death?

Really? Who the f*** are you talking about? Almost every post I have written what a shame it is that he died at such an early age with a family.

And the construction of the strawman continues....
    Well, it was fun while it lasted. Yes, it certainly was.
    Gang Way!

It's weird with all those guns at the gun range, you would have thought that someone would have been able to stop it from happening.

Surprise, surprise, another NRA talking point seems to be full of sh!t.
    And a gun grabbers too...

military experience didn't really seem to matter.
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567