Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkItAZero! View Post
    Again, you have no experience with the subject at hand. Zero. Mr Kyle was both a gentlemen and friendly when i met him. Was he an extremely educated man? No. Did he wrestle with demons along his path and get into a little trouble? Absolutely. So he didn't become a surgeon or a NASA engineer. He dedicated his life to helping those in need with very serious mental issues. I can think of many worse paths to choose in life, especially given his background.
    Oh so I had to meet the man, is that what your saying?

Please STFU.

Wrestled demons?

Did he or did he not lay claim to the highest head count ever for a sniper in Iraq, where we didn't belong in the first place?

Did the Pentagon ever confirm that baseless count?

Did he not have skulls on his uni for every kill?

Did he claim to beat up MMA fighters at UFC events that never took place?

He may have been a great guy, but his book of fiction is not something that interests me. I'll read Bill O'Reilly's fictional book about Lincoln before I read Mr. Kyles jerkoff fantasy.

I find it funny that scholars who have never been to war or have any idea the brutality and stress it causes on the human mind and body, would so easily talk about it as if their superior education gives them some sort of insight to the reality of it all.
    Oh Christ, here comes your weak ass pitch for excusing war atrocities.

Did Americans kill Iraqi civilians? Absolutely. Were the vast majority of those killed, done by accident? Again, absolutely. When you are at war in a nation the size of Iraq, fighting an insurgent population, often in tight urban settings, civilians will die. You do realize WB that pre and post Saddam, Iraqi's killed/murdered far more of their own than Americans could even dream of killing.
    So our solution is to come in and kill 600,000 people more in just a couple of years? Saddam never killed at such a rate.

So we didn't belong there in the first place and we kill more people to help them escape the killing of Saddam Hussein?

You're a one trick pony.
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmer View Post
    I regret posting what I did. Because I certainly did not intend to dishonor an American War Hero. I was uncomfortable with what the title of his book celebrated and the skulls he wore on his clothing and was quick to judge.
    Another perfectly honest opinion has been shamed into regret via internet indignation of the masses.

Dude shot people in the head from long range. I appreciate everyone who serves in our military because they're doing what a lot of people don't have the guts to do. But at the end of the day, killing someone because you are ordered to does not automatically provide you with moral justification. His PTSD (and most military PTSD) comes from the fact that we were lied to in order to become involved in Iraq and a lot of our troops have been there overextended on tours and eventually say "Why the heck am I even here?"

But while I don't have to respect his line of work (after all, he didn't get a case file on each person he was supposed to snipe), I do respect his service on behalf of those who would be unwilling to go, and I do respect his attempts to help others suffering from PTSD.

From all accounts he was a good dude, and I don't have to agree with the moral validity of sniping in order to appreciate his service or positive impact on others.

Kilmer you're entitled to your opinion. You shouldn't apologize for it just because the masses demand it.
    “Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.” -Gandhi

Rational skepticism is not the same thing as being a conspiracy theorist.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream. -Muggeridge

Lastly, if he wanted to have his book taken seriously, then perhaps he shouldn't have embellished. That's the problem, his silly boasting damages the credibility of the entire document.

-Gandhi

Ron Paul giving it two thumbs down
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by byron2112 View Post
    Alotta hurt in yer butt WB.

Writing a book report ranting on a book you've never read has got to be one the top 10 most idiotic quests ever witnessed on this forum.

You've certainly earned your clown shoes today.

Congrats!
    That happens daily in here and it's not just restricted to WB.
    “Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.” -Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by ThankGod4Walsh View Post
    Yep, you'd know. :)
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Yep, you'd know. :)
    I'm the guy who takes pictures of his books in front of a kffl screen when the real book-avoiders start cracking jokes about how I've never read them.

I'm the guy who takes pictures of his books in front of a kffl screen when the real book-avoiders start cracking jokes about how I've never read them.
    Yep, you NEVER google. :)

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryHawkFan View Post
    Yep, you NEVER google. :)
    Sorry pal this topic isn't about me.

Quote Originally Posted by byron2112 View Post
    Alotta hurt in yer butt WB.

Writing a book report ranting on a book you've never read has got to be one the top 10 most idiotic quests ever witnessed on this forum.

You've certainly earned your clown shoes today.

Congrats!
    I don't need to bother reading a book when it has been documented to not be accurate. I'm not going to read Bill O'Reilly's book about Lincoln either when that has been reported to roam in the realm of fiction as well.

Am I reading actual fact or fantasy?

If Mr.Kyle wanted to write a fictional book, that's great! If he wanted to write a factual book, that's great too!

But when he wants to write a factual book, but gives himself the license to embellish, I'm not interested anymore. The credibility of the document has been compromised.

If you chose to read such tripe, be my guest. The clown shoes seem to be fitting you quite nicely. Idiotic defined.
    Last edited by Wounded Bear; 02-05-2013 at 05:48 PM.

-Gandhi

LOL. Says the guy who just wrote a post that is identical to my position.

-Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    I don't need to bother reading a book when it has been documented to not be accurate. I'm not going to read Bill O'Reilly's book about Lincoln either when that has been reported to roam in the realm of fiction as well.

Am I reading actual fact or fantasy?

If Mr.Kyle wanted to write a fictional book, that's great! If he wanted to write a factual book, that's great too!

But when he wants to write a factual book, but gives himself the license to embellish, I'm not interested anymore. The credibility of the document has been compromised.

If you chose to read such tripe, be my guest. The clown shoes seem to be fitting you quite nicely. Idiotic defined.
    Isn't that Hunter Thompson in your avatar
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Sorry pal this topic isn't about me.
    stfu! They're ALL about you Walsh.

--

I gotta' say WB, on this topic you're basically F.O.S.
    http://www.breakingthesilence.org.il

This book is about the ongoing problems in Israel/West Bank/Palestine. It's written by Israeli soldiers. I'm sure that one COULD think that it's chest thumping by members of the IDF, if one doesn't read it.

Maybe the sniper book is jingoistic tripe. But you don't know that. 'A modest proposal' wasn't about eating babies.

--

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    Isn't that Hunter Thompson in your avatar

Holy sh!t, now we're going to compare the writings of a guy who inhaled ether with the writings a Navy Seal sniper?

Did anybody think that HST's writing were of this dimension?

-Gandhi

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast