Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawksfan837 View Post
    Can't argue that.

I'm still embarrassed on how badly I was off on this guy. I don't think I've ever been more wrong on a player before.

I just didn't see his game translating well. There's a few wrinkles to be ironed out, but he looks like a stud in the making, unfortunately for my hawks.
    A lot of people were. He lasted until the 2nd round and even then was described as raw and a project. I don't think anyone including his own Coaches expected him to be that good that fast. You also had a view of him from a BSU vantage point that tends to taint things a little. It happens.
    Last edited by LASam; 02-07-2013 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genus49 View Post
    He's made plenty of throws into tight coverage but yes like most qbs he'd rather throw to guys who are wide open :)

Part of not making as many anticipation throws is lack of chemistry with some of these guys. He definitely trusts Crabtree a lot more so with time he'll get much better at it.
    I wasn't suggesting that he hasn't thrown those passes.

I was simply pointing out that he wanted to throw to open receivers which isn't surprising since he's essentially a rookie.

I still think that his biggest obstacle, from what I've seen, is his delivery. I don't know many great QBs that have deliveries like him. Doesn't mean he can't do it. I just find it to be the biggest challenge.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    I wasn't suggesting that he hasn't thrown those passes.

I was simply pointing out that he wanted to throw to open receivers which isn't surprising since he's essentially a rookie.

I still think that his biggest obstacle, from what I've seen, is his delivery. I don't know many great QBs that have deliveries like him. Doesn't mean he can't do it. I just find it to be the biggest challenge.
    I agree.

Kaepernick drops his arm as he throws.......if he is going to learn the softer tosses and fades he will need to find another motion to deliver them. His short yardage goal line game is going to have to improve as he is going to be seeing blitz 0 until he shows he can beat it with his arm.

Mostly SF has trouble getting started and hasn't got a clear leader....how can you have an illegal formation on the first play of the Super Bowl?
    Last edited by mojo; 02-07-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758