Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Alright, now let's talk about the fact that Ray has 6 children by 4 different women...

Ready...go...
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Quote Originally Posted by KickSave View Post
    Why would god forgive someone who does that, and who continues to this day to obstruct justice?
    I dont know the answer to that and I dont even know if God will forgive him.

Only God knows his heart and if he is not sincere God will know and God will judge him when its time.

We are all sinners and God loves us all equally even though we sin...
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Alright, now let's talk about the fact that Ray has 6 children by 4 different women...

Ready...go...
    Just spreading the gospel.

Alright, I've read that article and cannot believe that when the investigating officer doesn't believe that Lewis should have bee3n charged for Murder in the first place people here continue to assume (making an ass of themselves in the process) that he was guilty. The real shame of this incident is that a political agenda let the real killer go free by charging the wrong person.

Sweeting would probably have been charged and convicted if Allen had been allowed to proceed with the investigation rather than the premature indictment of Lewis for a political play. After reading the article the man those families should have sued was the prosecutor Howard. His political maneuvering were what put Ray on the defensive and so obscured the facts that Sweeting got off in the end. Had they not gone after Lewis he might have given up Sweeting as the man with the knives and let the trial proceed. As the article mentioned, Allen wanted a second interview with Lewis but couldn't get one with the prosecutor on a celebrity witch hunt.

That article should have cut you legs from under you with this he's a murderer crap, this isn't even in the same zip code as the OJ case.

Quote Originally Posted by HawksFanNorth View Post
    Alright, I've read that article and cannot believe that when the investigating officer doesn't believe that Lewis should have bee3n charged for Murder in the first place people here continue to assume (making an ass of themselves in the process) that he was guilty. The real shame of this incident is that a political agenda let the real killer go free by charging the wrong person.

Sweeting would probably have been charged and convicted if Allen had been allowed to proceed with the investigation rather than the premature indictment of Lewis for a political play. After reading the article the man those families should have sued was the prosecutor Howard. His political maneuvering were what put Ray on the defensive and so obscured the facts that Sweeting got off in the end. Had they not gone after Lewis he might have given up Sweeting as the man with the knives and let the trial proceed. As the article mentioned, Allen wanted a second interview with Lewis but couldn't get one with the prosecutor on a celebrity witch hunt.

That article should have cut you legs from under you with this he's a murderer crap, this isn't even in the same zip code as the OJ case.
    That's about how I read the article, too, although I don't think the families can sue a prosecutor - just because they are typically shielded from any such endeavors (which is moronic, I know of more than a few who should have faced some serious music). Lewis settling civil cases is by no means an admission of responsibility but a matter of limiting liability, or bad publicity, or taking some measure of responsibility - or all three or none of the above. We don't know.

I still don't have many of the facts of the case but it seems like Lewis was involved in an after party fight that got quickly out of hand among intoxicated individuals. If I'm out on the town and that happens to me and one of my 'colleagues' pulls a knife and stabs someone (or 2 people) to death in the melee... I sure hope I don't get charged with murder. If it was a ROBBERY I was involved in I could see it, but this seems like an impromptu fight and Lewis' 'side' wasn't the only side with weapons.

Sorry to the families, there may have been more facts that never came to light or that I simply don't know - but I can't say Lewis is a murderer from what I've seen in this thread. I'm sure he knows if he is, he has been reminded frequently since, and if he is he's going to have to answer for it when he meets his Maker.
    Last edited by Rear Admiral; 02-04-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeyMonsta View Post
    Its not my place to judge who is a better person especially when the point I am trying to get across is for people to stop judging someone based upon their past.

Bad bait for fishing my friend....
    Not really baiting, just curious. How does someone not judge someone else based on their past? I'm just confused as to your view point. But yes, nice dodge lol

Quote Originally Posted by adarsh1 View Post
    Not really baiting, just curious. How does someone not judge someone else based on their past? I'm just confused as to your view point. But yes, nice dodge lol
    Why should I judge him?
    What does it prove to judge someone else?
    Will I be better in judging him?

It serves no purpose to judge someone, they are not my family, they do not affect my life at all, they are a sports celebrity who I will probably never meet.

Its not my job or my place to judge this person.

Maybe thats weird to you and it probably is because we have such a judgemental society. Am I guilty of it at times for sure but I try not to judge people because I used to be a very judgemental angry person and I am recovering from that behavior every day.

“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”

Paulo Coelho
    Ignorance is those who disparage believers....12 They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion; they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—the grain, the new wine and the olive oil, the young of the flocks and herds. They will be like a well-watered garden, and they will sorrow no more.
    13 Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by adarsh1 View Post
    I suppose you are one of the people still holding to the fantasy that he is a murderer correct? You did read the article before posting right? Or are you just a fool, ignoring the facts that the investigating officer never wanted Lewis charged, like so many others?

Quote Originally Posted by HawksFanNorth View Post
    I suppose you are one of the people still holding to the fantasy that he is a murderer correct? You did read the article before posting right? Or are you just a fool, ignoring the facts that the investigating officer never wanted Lewis charged, like so many others?
    Speaking as someone who has successfully escaped the back seat of a cop car with handcuffs on, only to have more problems come after that fact, I can honestly say those kind of situations (like Lewis burning his clothes at that time) are befuddled with paranoia/confusion that probably doesn't make sense to someone who hasn't been in that situation and not coincidentally, are thinking way too logically from a distance about what a person should/would do.
    Last edited by Depp; 02-05-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Depp View Post
    Speaking as someone who has successfully escaped the back seat of a cop car with handcuffs on, only to have more problems come after that fact, I can honestly say those kind of situations (like Lewis burning his clothes at that time) are befuddled with paranoia/confusion that probably doesn't make sense to someone who hasn't been in that situation and not coincidentally, are thinking way too logically from a distance about what a person should/would do.
    Too true, I've had my heart in my throat too and when you are under that kind of pressure your thinking is very different than other times. Adrenaline really changes the thought process.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345