My take starts:
- Obama is surprisingly awful on domestic surveillance, torture, and other police-state stuff.
- The Wall Street bailouts were needed, in general. Obama is held back by Congress on better oversight. I don't agree with the bashing there.
- That said, the lack of prosecutions of Wall Streeters is pretty bad when juxtaposed against other uses of prosecutorial power.
- I think gun control is good, not bad. But even if you disagree with that -- Obama has done little or none of it.
- I think Obama has moved the discrimination needle about as far as it could be moved both in matters of race and of sexuality. African-Americans who were hoping for yet a lot more progress in four (or eight) years were dreaming.
- Hillary Clinton has moved the needle about as far as it could be moved in matters of sex. I think Obama is personally somewhat sexist, but so be it. When he's called on it, he takes his lumps and moves on.