Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    I'm totally with you USAF. The dude f***ing sickens. What makes me even more ill is that the alternative in the last election was even worse.

And I'm with Cornel West, it too pisses me off that he used MLK's bible for the swearing in. He's not even in MLK's league.
    200% agree, i tried to give him some leeway, but he doesnt seem to give a damn about any of the promises he made.
    "Girl was bout as nutty as squirel $h!t"- Uncle ruckas.

Quote Originally Posted by RayClay View Post
    Flyer said

But if you read Speedy's post it largely objects to Obama from a very left wing perspective, which is consistent with his all his posts.
    This is what broke my heart, you guys know i defended him through everything. But hes listening to niether left or right, poor or middle class. Hes solidly in the pocket of corperate america and war mongering idiots. And here he is about to get us into a conflict with syria and iran and thus russia, china and north korea. This administration blows chunks... I thought a democrat would be the 100% opposite... I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFspeedboy View Post
    This is what broke my heart, you guys know i defended him through everything. But hes listening to niether left or right, poor or middle class. Hes solidly in the pocket of corperate america and war mongering idiots. And here he is about to get us into a conflict with syria and iran and thus russia, china and north korea. This administration blows chunks... I thought a democrat would be the 100% opposite... I was wrong.
    You were in the military, right? What did you think that involved when you signed up?
    I've got binders full of women
    and a one point plan.

Pulled us out of Iraq. We'll be out of Afghanistan within a year. And while you may THINK he is going to get into a war with Syria or Iran, that is simply your opinion.

The fact that you thought that a Democratic President would 100% opposite of a Republican President is probably the problem.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post

I'm not going to respond to Speedy's rant because it's mostly boiler plate right wing talking points. Seems like Speedy has decided to be a conservative since his return. Makes no difference to me.
    Nah, man ive always been a slightly left leaning libertarian. Its just that the president has really been radical in his governship. Dude passed the patriot actII, ndaa and locked up more black and brown young people than ANY president in history.

Did you know, right noe, We have tje LARGEST prison population of any country in the history of governmental corrections or punishment.

There are over 7 million american in the corrections system.

The gulags at its peak had 2 million

Moa had a little over 1.5

Pol pot had a little over a million

And hitlers nazi germany at its peak was a little over a million.

Dude, this stinks to high hell!

Quote Originally Posted by RayClay View Post
    You were in the military, right? What did you think that involved when you signed up?
    Honestly? At first, three hots and a cot

After basic, they voluntold me to be a combat medic and my focus was on being productive and saving lives...

Why do you ask?

And here he is about to get us into a conflict with syria and iran and thus russia, china and north korea.
    Do you have some evidence of this?
    and a one point plan.

Russia, China and North Korea ? what is it 1950 all over again. There not going to go to war with the west.
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Nah, man ive always been a slightly left leaning libertarian. Its just that the president has really been radical in his governship. Dude passed the patriot actII, ndaa and locked up more black and brown young people than ANY president in history.
    I don't know if this is true or not but it's meaningless. Absolute numbers reflect population growth.

Obama didn't invent the criminal code or the war on drugs. And while you may wish he drastically changed either, that would have required a cooperative Congress assuming that this was something Obama focused on.

Did you know, right noe, We have tje LARGEST prison population of any country in the history of governmental corrections or punishment.

There are over 7 million american in the corrections system.

The gulags at its peak had 2 million

Moa had a little over 1.5

Pol pot had a little over a million

And hitlers nazi germany at its peak was a little over a million.

Dude, this stinks to high hell!
    This has been true for decades although you really need to learn to focus more on percentages than total numbers. Cambodia had a population of roughly 10 million people at the time and yet they had a million folks in prison. Yeah, that's certainly worse than our situation.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    I don't know if this is true or not but it's meaningless. Absolute numbers reflect population growth.

Obama didn't invent the criminal code or the war on drugs. And while you may wish he drastically changed either, that would have required a cooperative Congress assuming that this was something Obama focused on.

This has been true for decades although you really need to learn to focus more on percentages than total numbers. Cambodia had a population of roughly 10 million people at the time and yet they had a million folks in prison. Yeah, that's certainly worse than our situation.
    Cambodia ?
    As smart as the internet

Obama keeping 'us' in Afghanistan for 6 years out of his 8 is pretty sad. The big dogs just love being called 'Commander In Chief'.
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    Cambodia ?
    He referenced Pol Pot in an attempt to suggest that our prison population situation was worse than Cambodia.

That was sorta retorical in tha tI couldn't believe he'd compare the present day US with Pol Pots Cambodia.
    As smart as the internet

Honestly? At first, three hots and a cot

After basic, they voluntold me to be a combat medic and my focus was on being productive and saving lives...

Why do you ask?
    Well, the military wasn't set up to provide room and board, there is that defense and or war thing. You never considered that when you signed up?
    and a one point plan.

USAF- They turned you into a combat medic. What job did you enlist for ?
    As smart as the internet

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast