Yale Law student explains in detail why he hates his classmates

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/01/stude...-he-hates-them

3rd year law student apparently doesn't realize he'd be surrounded by would-be lawyers:
    I’ve watched as you guys get offended over the dumbest **** and wax political over the dumbest ****. LOL. I mean wow, and seriously, this ****ing school. If the sticks up your asses were any larger, you guys would give Muslim extremists a run for their money. I thought Muslim terrorists were pretty bad for getting offended to the point of wanting to cause physical violence over a drawing, but I’m willing to bet there are a couple of words I could throw out there on this forum that would turn even you guys into rabid angry dogs. Anger. And Hatred. Over a WORD. A ****ING WORD. USED OUT OF CONTEXT. I’ve come to realize that even at the smartest, most “enlightened” institution, students can be literally retarded and have no basic grasp of logic or rationality.
    More ranting in the link. Yet nothing in the rant suggests he was ever going to pass the bar on his own.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Funny stuff. I say there's a lot of truth to it though.
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    Funny stuff. I say there's a lot of truth to it though.
    Absolutely. I feel like most law students really need to read Dale Carnegie. BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER law school.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Absolutely. I feel like most law students really need to read Dale Carnegie. BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER law school.
    That got a chuckle. It was required reading in the 7th grade
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack View Post
    That got a chuckle. It was required reading in the 7th grade
    I wish i read it in 7th grade.

It's not a difficult book. It's genius is in its simplicity but if people followed Carnegie's advice the world (and the classroom) would be a much better place.

I know I dont' follow it all the time, especially on here, and I greatly apologize to everyone for that. But I do actively try to use his principles, especially in the real world.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

I wonder what he thinks of the Undergrads? From what I could tell when I put my kids through college there were Summ Groupa Claudes in that crowd, too.
    Gang Way!

Some people are too stupid to realize that communicating effectively with different groups of people is how you achieve the most success. If you cannot navigate these waters without causing mass hysteria, then you are not cut out for the job. This guy obviously should be a longshoreman or something.

I really dislike the arrogance of folks who think they have a god given right to run around and insult people because they have a right to say whatever they like, then complain when people are offended by what they say.
    Fear is the mind killer

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I wish i read it in 7th grade.

It's not a difficult book. It's genius is in its simplicity but if people followed Carnegie's advice the world (and the classroom) would be a much better place.

I know I dont' follow it all the time, especially on here, and I greatly apologize to everyone for that. But I do actively try to use his principles, especially in the real world.
    Indeed. I was shocked when I got a civil PM from you. ;)
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by Nunchuckz View Post
    Some people are too stupid to realize that communicating effectively with different groups of people is how you achieve the most success. If you cannot navigate these waters without causing mass hysteria, then you are not cut out for the job. This guy obviously should be a longshoreman or something.

I really dislike the arrogance of folks who think they have a god given right to run around and insult people because they have a right to say whatever they like, then complain when people are offended by what they say.
    Something tells me you are precisely the type he's referring to, but you're off the hook, of course, with this deflection. Just remember we know you have stilts on under those dungarees.
    Gang Way!