Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    That's where players really have to be careful. When getting your grade adding in what other underclassmen have declared and the depth of the draft is never factored in. I can find out what grade he got. Let me get back to you on that. Then we can see how it compares to where he actually goes. :)

IMO that would be great data for an underclassmen to consider if they made a chart like that every year.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

Some projections could also be inflated by agents who want to sign a player as well. Had a friend who was told he could go round 6-7, while whatever grading he got was udfa.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Gee there is dishonesty in the world. I thought Mingo fixed all that.
    "Essentially, the bargain that I think every President strikes with the American people is, ‘you give me this office, then in turn my fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure, is gone. I am giving myself to you.”---Obama said in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Broncogreg View Post
    Gee there is dishonesty in the world. I thought Mingo fixed all that.
    I have - just saving Georgia for last.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    I have - just saving Georgia for last.
    Good
    "Essentially, the bargain that I think every President strikes with the American people is, ‘you give me this office, then in turn my fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure, is gone. I am giving myself to you.”---Obama said in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    Some projections could also be inflated by agents who want to sign a player as well. Had a friend who was told he could go round 6-7, while whatever grading he got was udfa.

Agents don't give out grades. They have nothing to do with a players grade when they apply through the NFL for a draft grade. Agents do try to pursue players thinking if they hire them they can go higher however. This may have been what your point was too, not sure.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    Agents don't give out grades. They have nothing to do with a players grade when they apply through the NFL for a draft grade. Agents do try to pursue players thinking if they hire them they can go higher however. This may have been what your point was too, not sure.
    I dated an agent once - well actually it was an FBI agent lady who came to my house to ask about Broncogreg and his arsenal.

What grade did she give him?

What grade did she give him?
    N- for Nutcase! She says the black helicopters will take care of him - if he gets out of line.

Well, at least he got a better grade then Geo.

Did some film watching on some under the radar guys last night that some agents sent along to me.

Steal of draft this year IMO will be Arkansas State S Don Jones, based off the film I see. I could be crazy, but he's crazy freakish.

I like to argue with LGM, even when I agree with him.

Not a huge fan of the RBs this year (it was so much better last year), however there are some late round guys who can contribute at the NFL level.

Zac Stacy - great feel for the position, has nice feet, good vision, solid hands, good in pass pro, very little speed. I'm confident he will be a productive backup RB and special teams player in the NFL.

Miguel Maysonet - Again, not great speed and probably not too adept in pass pro, but has good feet, good RBs body, sometimes shows nice power.

I think those two have a lot better chance of making a roster and being solid contributors than a lot of the backs in front of them on most rankings.

Personally, like J. Franklin the best though he has some real concerns with securing the football, but someone will take him and he doesn't really fit our needs at RB.

Also, a true sleeper - Washaun Ealey one of the most talented RBs in the draft yet he just can't stay out of trouble or put it together mentally/maturity, former Georgia RB who has been arrested twice and left Georgia because he couldn't get along with the coaching staff there. I know we won't touch him, but I wonder if anyone is ballsy enough to give him an opportunity.
    1st and 10 at DEN 20 (Shotgun) T.Tebow pass deep middle to D.Thomas for 80 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Did some film watching on some under the radar guys last night that some agents sent along to me.

Steal of draft this year IMO will be Arkansas State S Don Jones, based off the film I see. I could be crazy, but he's crazy freakish.

Is he as good a pick as Josh Norman of last year ? IMO, that was an outstanding catch on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncogreg View Post
    Is he as good a pick as Josh Norman of last year ? IMO, that was an outstanding catch on your part.
    Let me get back to you on that. I want to see just a bit more. Norman had a pretty darn good rookie year. Ended up starting most of the year.

What is your opinion so far of Georgia DB Damian Swann? I really liked him late in the year for Georgia.

I always waited for Branden Smith to bust out and never did. Was really dissapointed with his collegiate career.

Never been a fan of Washaun Ealey. He doesn't have the burst or vision I like.

Like Jonathan Franklin a lot.

Zac Stacey is decent to me. Doesn't pop out at me as a major eye catcher, but I think he has a shot to add to a teams depth and see some carries. He is pretty versitle in what he brings to a team and I like that. He has VERY good feet and can make people miss. Good vision. Just wish he had more speed.

Maysonet Not a big fan. I like Marcus Coker more at Stony Brook but he is probably a FB prospect more than a HB prospect next year.

I agree that the RB class is not real earth shattering. There are a few I like early.

I like Joe Randle and Mike Gillislee a lot and both can help in the return game early, but not really options for us as our needs. I also like Trabis Ward in the mid-later rounds.

Also think Arkansas RB Dennis Johnson could be a great 3rd down back KR for some team later on in the draft.
    Last edited by Draft Crazy; 02-06-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast