Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    I'd prefer Jones (or Moore if available), but I'd be happy with Mingo as well. I think it's almost a foregone conclusion one of those three will be a Brown at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom298 View Post
    Justin Hunter would be a great fit, they need a tall physical WR.
    What do these two things have to do with one another? Hunter is tall, but not particularly physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    I'd prefer Jones (or Moore if available), but I'd be happy with Mingo as well. I think it's almost a foregone conclusion one of those three will be a Brown at this point.
    I agree, they almost have to go in that direction.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    If I'm running the Titans and if it's a guard that I'm looking for in the 1st round, I'd rather trade down, acquire more picks and select Jonathan Cooper who would probably be the best fit in the ZBS.
    You could be right, but I think they really need a dominating physical presence like Warmack.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    You could be right, but I think they really need a dominating physical presence like Warmack.
    I may be in the minority on this one, but if I'm running the Titans I'd be doing everything I could to make sure my team won't be giving up 471 points again.

There's no way I use a that high of a 1st round pick on a guard.

Dont like the picks for NE.

I understand the secondary concerns but imo we need to bring in a real DC or change our DB coach before we start using more high picks. Agreed with going with a Wr but thats a terrible choice given whos still available. Patton, woods, wheaton, etc would have been better options. robinson would be a bigger risk than d rogers

Yea, you may have made the understatement of the year when you say you're higher on Khaled Holmes than most.
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Ronald Wilson Reagan

If Jones fell to the Jets, Rex would be ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    I may be in the minority on this one, but if I'm running the Titans I'd be doing everything I could to make sure my team won't be giving up 471 points again.

There's no way I use a that high of a 1st round pick on a guard.
    If the Titans (smartly) tender Velesco, and draft Warmack they can replace Harris easily as well, and have a dominant OL and keep their D on the sidelines a heck of a lot more.

Locker wont' have to throw because they'll be manhandling people like the Jets in the late 2000s.

But I do see your point as well.

Honestly, considering Warmack is going to TEnn in every mock in February it means there's almost no chance it occurs in real life. lol
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

There are some simple rules that should be followed by all teams on draft day. Here's one of them: never draft an OG in the top 10. Period.

I disagree. I'd probably agree with top 5 though. Thing is, I"m not sure an OT is more valuable than an OG any more. The Saints don't think so, I know that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    If the Titans (smartly) tender Velesco, and draft Warmack they can replace Harris easily as well, and have a dominant OL and keep their D on the sidelines a heck of a lot more.

Locker wont' have to throw because they'll be manhandling people like the Jets in the late 2000s.

But I do see your point as well.

Honestly, considering Warmack is going to TEnn in every mock in February it means there's almost no chance it occurs in real life. lol
    Yah, you are right that mocks almost never hit that accurately this early. I think Warmack makes a ton of sense though. Teams don't normally take OGs that high, but they also don't normally have that much invested in a RB behind the league's worst interior OL.

The Titans need D help, but they have some good players there and they can help themselves out a lot by running the ball better. Just make sure you find a S and a little depth throughout to help the D later.

While I'd certainly agree G's are easy to find and shouldn't be a priority, there's no real reason not to draft one in the top 10 if you're confident he'll be one of the 10 best players in the draft class, either. Especially with the way the rookie deals are now.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

That's about where I'm at. Almost every evaluator has had Warmack as their highest graded player, without accounting for value. His position does hurt his value some, but 10 seems reasonable for a player like that.

You just don't win or lose games based on your guard. If your team is solid and you can legitimately draft BPA, no problem. He'll help your team. But a team like Tennessee? If you draft an OG top 10, you deserve the future top 10 picks you're gonna earn by not finding players at premium positions who will make far more impact than your complimentary pieces. Let's put it this way... the Titans are gonna stink with or without Warmack if they don't upgrade at QB/WR/DL/CB. 10th pick in the draft? Good place to start, I'd say.

New Orleans might not think so, but where did they draft their guards?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast