Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Interesting that people see FLoyd as a 3-4 guy. Seems like a prototypical penetrating DT to me.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Interesting that people see FLoyd as a 3-4 guy. Seems like a prototypical penetrating DT to me.
    I agree. He'd be my first choice if I was looking to fill a need at three-technique.
    CB: *Trae Waynes, MI St.; *Marcus Peters, WA; *Jalen Collins, LSU; Byron Jones, CT - OLB: Hau'oli Kikaha, WA - DE: *DeForest Buckner, OR; Henry Anderson, Stan.; *Xavier Cooper, WA St.; *Sheldon Day, N.D.; Travis Raciti, SJ St.; *Adam Gotsis, GA Tech; - WR: Kevin White, WVA, Devante Parker, L'ville, *Jaelen Strong, AZ St.; *Duke Williams, Aub., Kasen Williams, WA; Vince Mayle, WA St. - QB: Garrett Grayson, CO St. - RB: *MIke Davis, SC

19. NY Giants - Dion Jordan - I'm not as big on him as others, but the Giants like guys like him. He's got a little JPP and a little Kiwanuka in him.

49. NY Giants - Margus Hunt - They gamble on a big talent here, hoping he can become the new Justin Tuck. We all know they like to load up on DL.
    The Giants do like to (and do need to) reload along the D-Line.

But the Giants also are in dire need of a youth and talent infusion along the O-Line.

-------

I just don't know if the Giants have the luxury of spending both of their top picks at the same position. They also need help at LB, CB and (in particular) O-Line.
    Although it is said that our faith concerns matters which are obscure, the reasons for embracing the faith are not obscure but on the contrary are clearer than any natural light.
    -Descartes

Yeah, I didn't notice that earlier. Seems really unlikely they will take 2 DEs that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmaniac View Post
    The Giants do like to (and do need to) reload along the D-Line.

But the Giants also are in dire need of a youth and talent infusion along the O-Line.

-------

I just don't know if the Giants have the luxury of spending both of their top picks at the same position. They also need help at LB, CB and (in particular) O-Line.
    Its a very fair point, but if they do spend it on one area, it will probably be DL
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

The Giants DL across the board played really bad down the stretch.

DT and DE both.

And if Tuck and Osi don't come back they gotta get a DE early.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

...but if they do spend it on one area, it will probably be DL
    You're probably right about that.

With Justin Tuck aging rapidly and Umenyiora probably gone... I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Giants spend a top pick along the D-Line.

But their greatest need is at O-Line, IMO.

We'll see, though... the Giants have drafted a couple of mid to late round "developmental" types at O-Line in the past few years... a lot depends on whether or not they think any of these guys will pan out.
    Although it is said that our faith concerns matters which are obscure, the reasons for embracing the faith are not obscure but on the contrary are clearer than any natural light.
    -Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by Gmaniac View Post
    You're probably right about that.

With Justin Tuck aging rapidly and Umenyiora probably gone... I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Giants spend a top pick along the D-Line.

But their greatest need is at O-Line, IMO.

We'll see, though... the Giants have drafted a couple of mid to late round "developmental" types at O-Line in the past few years... a lot depends on whether or not they think any of these guys will pan out.
    In the end I have to agree. I probably won't give them 2 DEs next time. Supposedly they are in love with Lane Johnson, so that could be interesting. Some are now saying Frederick and Fluker could both crack the top 20 too. Its an interesting OL draft, in rounds 1 and 2. I think they'll try to squeeze one more good year out of Tuck and hope that Kiwi can step it up.

The Giants secondary has been pretty putrid lately, as well, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a CB like Rhodes go there. It all depends on how the combine and workouts go.

The DL has enough depth to take later on where CB is really weak IMO. There are some OK second round prospects but everything after that is a major crapshoot.

Lack of health (as opposed to lack of talent) has been the big problem for the Giants at DB. Losing Terrell Thomas for the season (again) really hurt this past season. He is probably done at this point.

But TT aside... Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara, Jayron Hosley: these guys have talent. Amukamara and Hosley seem prone to little injuries, though.

Anywho... I fully agree that another good body at CB would be a welcome addition. The Giants have a history of drafting DB with the top pick, too (Aaron Ross, Kenny Phillips, Prince Amukamara).

Depends. The Giants are a BPA team under Jerry Reese... especially at the top of the draft... especially at what they consider to be marquee positions (QB, OT, DL, CB).

BPA at OT, DL or CB seems likely.
    -Descartes

Hosley doesn't look like a starter, more of a nickle. Prince hasn't looked like one, either, IMO. I thought I would be better coming out than what he has been, injuries aside. He looks like more of a nickle, too.

You're probably right about Hosley... (whose size, not ability, might dictate that he play the nickel)... but I disagree with you about Amukamura.

I think Prince has been coming along well and can be a solid starting CB in this league. I do worry about the little injuries, though.
    -Descartes

Like Seattle's first rounder, if Seattle goes receiver that will be the type of guy they go after. I'd strongly consdier Ertz there, as I think a) he's more ready to make an impact now, and b) he'll see the field much more than Patterson will, at least in year 1.

Don't think the 2nd rounder is a good one. Seattle wants speed at LB, and wants to get pressure with 4, they don't blitz much. They'll want speed and coverage skills from the new WLB first and foremost. Yes he needs to hold up against the run, but pass rushing skills are 3rd on the list of attributes they'll be looking for in a LB.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

I have a real hard time believing Wilson and Glennon are top 10 QB's while Barkley goes in round 2. Arizona would just be making another mistake at QB imo. I mean i dont reallty care as it pushes players down to my team but i just cant see that happening. Surely they can trade down and get those guys if thats who they really want. Im not a big fan of any of these QB's but those guys in the top 10?

As for our picks, i like Fisher...huge need. Dont really like the Brown pick. Dont mind the possition,and think he is a good player but Brown isnt big enough to play in a 3-4. Dont think he is a good fit.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-06-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
    I have a real hard time believing Wilson and Glennon are top 10 QB's while Barkley goes in round 2. Arizona would just be making another mistake at QB imo. I mean i dont reallty care as it pushes players down to my team but i just cant see that happening. Surely they can trade down and get those guys if thats who they really want. Im not a big fan of any of these QB's but those guys in the top 10?

As for our picks, i like Fisher...huge need. Dont really like the Brown pick. Dont mind the possition,and think he is a good player but Brown isnt big enough to play in a 3-4. Dont think he is a good fit.
    QBs tend to move up beyond their value. I'm not going to get into the individual merits too much, but I like Glennon particularly quite a bit. Reminds me of Flacco a bit(coming out, not now). He's got tremendous arm talent. I'm souring a bit on Wilson I have to say, but I'm curious to hear what comes out of workouts and the like.

As for Barkley, he is in a tough spot. He's not a great fit for the teams that need QBs like Buffalo or Arizona. I'm not drafting a weak armed guy top 10 to play in that Buffalo weather and Arizona just hired Arians who runs a deep passing offense.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast