Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Who knows why he struggled,

If you can't cover you struggle.

Plain and simple.

Deltha O'Neal JR.

I liked Amerson a lot his JR year but he was also thrown at a ton.

Xavier Rhodes going after Amerson??? Switch those two and I like it a lot better.

Love Bacarri Rambo in Baltimore.

Denard Robinson in rd 2 is odd.

Overall pretty good, like any mock you could nit pick but I think this one is pretty ideal for right now, those are the two things that stick out at me the most that would need to be changed.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

Amerson was awesome the year before though. So who's the real player? That's more what i meant? What changed? you don't just forget how to cover.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    If you can't cover you struggle.

Plain and simple.

Deltha O'Neal JR.

I liked Amerson a lot his JR year but he was also thrown at a ton.

Xavier Rhodes going after Amerson??? Switch those two and I like it a lot better.

Love Bacarri Rambo in Baltimore.

Denard Robinson in rd 2 is odd.

Overall pretty good, like any mock you could nit pick but I think this one is pretty ideal for right now, those are the two things that stick out at me the most that would need to be changed.
    Might be a bit high for Denard, but it wouldn't be uneard of either. Armanti Edwards went early 3rd, Pat White went pretty high in the 2nd. Denard is such an explosive player, he's a game changer. I don't know where he'll play exactly though.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Amerson was awesome the year before though. So who's the real player? That's more what i meant? What changed? you don't just forget how to cover.
    That's the thing though, he didn't ever cover well. He has very good ball skills and size, but he can't cover or tackle well. Hence the Deltha O'neal comparisons(an oft used one ftr)
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Well his coverage skills have never been great, but they were much better than last year. He got thrown at a ton and ended up with a ton of picks. It's good to get picks but he wasn't locking down his man. We know he has good ball skills at least, now he just needs to work on giving up a lot less. He has the tools no doubt. His 40 will be crucial to him. If he is slow with poor coverage skills he will drop like a fly, if he is fast with poor cover skills and good ball skills he can still go high. MOst impt thing in a CB is their cover skills obviously. If you don't have that you can't play in this league. Just depends on what he looks like in workouts I suppose. I am rooting for him. His cover skills surely are not as bad as they were last year, but I don't think he will ever be a "Great" CB due to it. If he can just make himself into a good CB with great ball hawk skills he can last awhile.
    If you wer to rate him soely on last years season I would take the likes of late round guys of non elite prospects in this years draft at CB over him like Dustin Harris, Travis Howard, Khalil Wooten, Josh Johnson, Akeem Auguste etc... He has to put himself back up after work outs now. He could fall or rise like no other. A lot will be decided on him soon. Just needs to get his coverage skills from poor to good. Because he has the other tools.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

I'd probalby to use him at FS . He won't ever be great in run support, but I think you can hide him on the back lines a bit and take advantage of his centerfield skills.

Nas, I was thinking the same thing. He may even be ok in a cover 2.

Micah Hyde will likely be drafted as S

Where does Amerson go if he's a S?
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

For Denver:
    28. Denver - Jonathan Hankins - I think a John Fox D needs a big nasty DT in the middle like this. He'll help keep the run D strong.

31. Baltimore - Alec Ogletree - They've long needed more speed and coverage ability at LB and Ogletree will be a big help there. He compliments Ellerbe well and there are enough leaders on that team to keep him on the right path.

This would be a tough choice - Denver could use a guy like Ogletree as an ILB, I think he is the kind of athlete that Fox likes in the middle. But hard to argue against the DT, those are 1A and 1B in needs. On the 20/20 hindsight wagon with Jesse Williams being there in the 2nd round when Denver picks, I'd rather have Ogletree and Williams. ;>)

Good job on the mock - appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    That's the thing though, he didn't ever cover well. He has very good ball skills and size, but he can't cover or tackle well. Hence the Deltha O'neal comparisons(an oft used one ftr)
    I watched him in the bowl game and he didn't even attempt to tackle or get in the way on screens. Seemed allergic to it.

Quote Originally Posted by hendersonsplow View Post
    Nice job Nas.

From a Patriots perspective, I like the Trufant pick even though I'm one of very few who hasn't given up Dowling.
    Not so sure about Robinson although he could fit a need. Looking at that draft, I think I'd prefer Rambo. Double on DBs, re-sign Talib and now they have a secondary with some real potential.
    Agreed. With Jeff Demps coming back next year, I don't think they need to "take a flyer" on Robinson. Demps brings plenty of explosive potential.
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

Doesn't Atlanta run a 4-3?

I find it interesting that you would want players who are a better fit for a 3-4 IMO.
    Yes, they run a 4-3. Outside of Williams, not sure any of the people I prefer are more suited for a 3-4. Floyd would be a great 4-3 DT and Ogletree is pretty interchangeable to me. I would have no issue with Williams in a 4-3. I don't understand why 4-3 teams stray from big guys. Gilbert Brown and Grady Jackson were very good DT's in a 4-3.
    Go Falcons

i don't think floyd is a good pick for the vikings, not that he's not good, I just think he's better in the 3-4...i would definitely go wr or teo if things fall like that.
    Bleeding Purple since 1977

Quote Originally Posted by mgodbee View Post
    Yes, they run a 4-3. Outside of Williams, not sure any of the people I prefer are more suited for a 3-4. Floyd would be a great 4-3 DT and Ogletree is pretty interchangeable to me. I would have no issue with Williams in a 4-3. I don't understand why 4-3 teams stray from big guys. Gilbert Brown and Grady Jackson were very good DT's in a 4-3.
    I see Floyd as more of a 3-4 DE. JMO.

- Ghandi

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast